Spring Fling

A woman on a mission with a bunch of flyers in her hand, Lily Evan's was pushing her way through the crowd of students lingering in the hallways— her eyes on one blonde girl in particular.

It was a well known little fact amongst prefects, that if you wanted the student body to know something you put Aveline Rosier in charge of it. Half the time people were either watching her, or trying to talk to her, so making her the whistle blower of messages was the perfect way to spread a message.

They did it when they needed to spread word the third floor girls bathroom had been shut down, and they also did it when they needed to find a missing ravenclaw first year.

And now, Lily was intending to do it again.

"Aveline!" she called, the blonde girls head titling up.

She was leaning against the wall casually waiting for her class to start. A cute white headband pulling back her blonde hair. A small group of people stood around her, listening to her tell a story about divination class.

"Hey Evans, what's up?" Aveline asked nodding at her.

The crowd parted instantly. Sometimes Lily wondered if Aveline realized the effect she had on people.

"I need you hand these flyers out," Lily said, handing her a large pile.

Aveline looked down in confusion reading the first word off the stack of flyers.

"What's a spring fling?"

Aveline had fallen into step with Lily, who was walking down the hallway eagerly randomly handing out the flyers to angone who passed.

"It's a muggle thing, that they do in muggle schools," Lily explained. "I thought it would be nice knowing everything that's going on, for our muggle born students to have something that lets them know we support them. So, i'm throwing a dance."

"A Dance?" Aveline asked scrunching her nose. The only dances she had known were the horrible ones her father made her dress up for.

"It's fun," Lily told her. "You dress up, you take a date, you dance—"

"Like slughorn christmas party?"

"No! It's supposed to fun, and less formal. Actual good music and everyone's invited. So will you help me spread the word or not?" Lily asked, awaiting an answer.

For a minute she thought Aveline was gonna say no and she stared down at the flyers with a slightly horrified expression. Then she shrugged happily nodding her head.

"Cool, I'll do my best."

And with that she watched the blonde girl skip down the hallways, already hollering at the top of her lungs and sticking flyers to anyone who would listen.
________

"SPRING FLING COMING UP, BE THERE IF YOUR SEXY!" Sirius Black bellowed through the halls, tossing a series of flyers on the ground.

Naturally when Lily asked Aveline for help, she enlisted the four best people she knew to influence the Hogwarts population. Between Aveline, Sirius, Remus, James and Peter, by the next day at lunch nearly everyone knew about the dance, and most certainly everyone was intending on going

"Will you be there James?" A giggling girl asked the boy when he approached their group and handed them a flyer.

He was leaning with one hand on the wall, a casual smirk on his face as he ruffled a hand through his hair.

"You bet I will. And all you lovely ladies better be there as well," he told them, sending them a wink.

The girls ran away giggling over the flyer, no doubt already thinking about what they were going to wear.