Sleeping Beauty

The school year was coming to the end. The final days of exams coming up in the next few days. The marauders were sulked around the school, heads held low and spirits even lower. No one had seen the group of boys so quiet before, even the teachers trying to cheer them up by cracking jokes.

Though nothing could, for it had been two weeks and Aveline Rosier still lay in her hospital bed. Her eyes closed and breathing shallows. Not once had her eyes flickered open, or her body even flinched.

"You don't think it's the curse Albus?" Minvera whispered to the headmaster on one particular day. They stood above her bed observing her peaceful face.

The man shook his head, eyes narrowed thoughtfully.

"Perhaps it has something to do with it. What that means, I do not know," the man muttered his eyes on the sleeping girl.

He reminder her so much if her mother. The once bright and kind witch who turned dark. It was the same curse that ran through the two
woman's veins.

The same curse that had the power of a thousand exploding suns.

Dumbledore had at first thought it had stayed dormant in Aveline Rosier. Though he was clearly wrong. The only question now was if it had fully activated, and if the girl was able to find her way back into the conscious realm.

The door squeeked open, and both of them turned their heads to see a sheepish Remus Lupin, peaking through the door.

"Uh sorry," he uttered, making a move to turn around.

"Mr Lupin," Mcgonagall called and he paused. "Do come back here."

He did, a blush on his face as he stepped around the door. A bouquet of flowers in his hands. The ones already next to Aveline's beds were wilting and close to dead.

"She likes fresh flowers," Remus explained the blush still hot on his face, as both the Proffesor watched him replace the dead with the new. He had a book tucked under his arm, a collection of muggle fairy tales.

He went to leave the room again, no doubt embarrassed the Proffesor's saw, but he was stopped by Dumbledore's hand on his shoulder. For a moment his silvery blue eyes just flickered over the prefect, as if trying to read him.

"I wonder..."Dumbledore muttered on his breath, tapping his chin as he stared at Remus. "Mr Lupin, I would bet Miss Rosier would appreciate a story being read to her. Do you mind?"

Remus seemed a bit shocked, but nonetheless he made his way to the chair beside Aveline's bed. He pulled it close to her side, opening up the book to a story he knew she loved. He cleared his throat, eyeing Mcgonagall and Dumbledore oddly before he began to read. Quietly under his breath so only Aveline could hear.

Then ever so slowly, like a sunflower picking it head up after a storm, Aveline's eyelashes fluttered. Remus didn't even noticed, his head down as he continued to read. The girls fingers twitched as did her toes.

By the time he got to the middle of the story Aveline's eyes opened slowly. Confused and dazed as she let out a groan at all the pain in her body.

"Aveline!" Remus rushed, immediately throwing his arms over her forgetting the Proffesor's were watching.

Though they seemed whole heartedly amused, watching well fighting back grins.

"Remus?" she asked in a confused voice. "Why the fuck does this keep happening?"

"Language Miss Rosier!" Mcgonagall's voice said, and Aveline jumped in her bed, causing Remus to chuckle to himself.

The door flew open, an out of breath Madam Pomfrey sprinting in. Her eyes wide as she looked at an awake Aveline with Remus arms around her neck.