Alternative Dimensions and Hot Chocolate

Unfortunately, Evan Rosier never did end up in prison or even searched for the claims Dumbledore made against him in court. In fact, the ministry dismissed them entirely and Evan walked free with Aveline on that very day.

After the trial her friends were sent to finish off their final days of school before the christmas holiday— something that the boys especially complained about, for they wanted to be home with Aveline.
Due to special circumstances, Dumbledore had allowed Aveline to return to the Potter residence early, something that she was very grateful for.

It had been a mere two weeks of azkaban, and somehow she was left with parasite so deeply woven into her brain, she was certain they would never leave. She didn't even comprehend how on earth, people survived years in that place, and it actually made her pity her father a little bit.

The Potter parents took to worrying over Aveline in full force, constantly providing her with comfort and making all her favourite meals. In fact, every single night Mia would ask Aveline what she wanted for dinner, and when the girl was to polite to answer she woman would force it out of her.

All Aveline really wanted however was her friends— her family. Despite it only being ten days before break, every single day James, Sirius, Peter and Remus wrote to her, which she never did get tired of.

The Potter parents made good company in the meantime however. They were currently teaching Aveline a series of muggle card games that Fleamont had learnt a muggle convention, which was rather fun. Aveline always liked muggle card games, there was a peaceful simplicity to nothing exploding or snapping well playing the game.

"So tell me," Fleamont began one night over a game of go fish, "What is going on with you and that Lupin boy?"

Aveline's face flushed a colour so deeply red it looked like Lily's hair. It was one thing for her friends to make jokes and comments, but for James's dad it was much to embarrassing for a teenage girl.

"Who?" Aveline asked, though she was fighting a grin back. "But Anyways, do you have an eights?"

Fleamont raised his eyebrow in a very James fashion.

"Go Fish. But anyways, do I need to scare him with my duelling skills next time he visits? I've never trust that boy," Fleamont spoke, in the way Dad's do, shaking his head.

"Nonesense!" Euphemia interjected. "We love Remus like a son, and you know it Monty."

Fleamont shrugged, "If James was going out with Aveline, I'd scare him too. Teenage boys aren't to be trusted, understood Aveline?"

"We aren't going out—"

"Then why do you look at him all gooey eyed?"

"Monty enough!" Euphemia cut the man off for Aveline, which she was very grateful for. "Besides, I for one think Remus and Aveline would make a lovely couple."

To this Fleamont snorted as if it was the most ridiculous thing he ever heard, but in a way that made Aveline giggle. The Potter parents were the type of parents that everyone deserved, and even if they weren't technically her parents, Aveline couldn't believe her luck she got to steal them from James time from time.  They loved her like a daughter, and Sirius like a son, and in her heart Aveline knew they would do the same for any child that needed a home.

If God put angels on earth, Fleamont and Euphemia Potter were definitely two of them.
_________

From the moment Sirius and James arrived home, the three Potter children spent the christmas holiday glued together. It was partially bevause both boys wouldn't let Aveline out of their site, for whenever they did weird stuff seemed to happen.