Lily WHAT

There was few And far times nowadays that Aveline saw her friends beyond auror missions and order meetings.

The Prewett funeral had been a week ago, and was full of the familiar speeches of ministry officials and tears of broken hearted family.

Since then, Aveline had attempted to fill her every waking moment with something that took her mind off everything.

If she wasn't on an auror mission, she was in the office looking for leads, and if she wasn't in the office she was doing something for the order .

It was on one of the evenings she was hunched over a series of news paper clippings and reports in the office, that James Potter came up to her

"Hey Ave," the young man sighed, looking more exhausted then she had ever seen him. "How are you?"

As she took in James eye bags and gaunt looking face she felt guilt wash over her.

It had been awhile since she checked in on any of her friends.

"I've been better James," she sighed, pushing away her stack of papers. "How are you? You look like shit."

James shook his head with a deep breathe. "I don't know," he said shaking his head. "I'm not sure if I've told you but Dad and Mum have come down with the dragon pox. They would be fine, I've sent a healer to check them, but it's probably best if we stay clear of the house for the next couple days. Lily's been sick too lately, I guess it's just that time of year."

Aveline nodded, taking in James worried and creased face.

"Beyond that," the young man continued, "work has been exhausting. I'm not sure I can keep doing this."

Despite the fact it was already late, they had an order meeting in a couple hours.

Surprisingly, order meetings were the highlight of Aveline's week. It was the only time she could to see everyone, and at least exchange a few words with people even if it was brief.

Aveline and James sat chatting until it was time to leave. Even though she saw him nearly everyday at work, she realized how much she missed James.

What she would pay to go back to the simple days of roaming the Hogwarts halls and worrying about assignments that really meant nothing.

They showed up to the meeting early, being greeted by the familiar faces of many of the people who felt like family to them.

Marlene, Mary, Peter, Alice and Frank, Sirius, Andromeda and Ted— just a few of the people that usually graced the meeting.

And of course, Remus Lupin and Lily Potter, who sat side by side waiting for James and Aveline to join.

Aveline greeted Remus with a kiss on the cheek, sitting next to him with a sigh.

Remus had spent much time in the past year working up north on a mission for Dumbledore. Though Aveline didn't know all the details, she did know that Remus always came home safe, and that was all that mattered.

He took one look at her face, brushing a piece of hair behind her ear.

"You look tired," he told her, his eyes narrowing in concern. "You need to sleep."

Aveline shook her head. "I'll sleep when the war is over."

He would've said more if it wasn't for Dumbledore sweeping into the room and starting the meeting.

These meetings were usually the only time Remus even got to see Aveline, so he cherished every minute they held hand under the table, basking in the warmth her skin provided.

The meeting was filled with the usual gloom— things were getting worse. Things were always getting worse.

It got to the point Aveline sometimes she wanted to tune it all out. She saw the death and destruction everyday, she didn't need the reminders.

As the meeting ended and people dispersed, Aveline found herself surronded by her familiar group of friends— the marauders and Gryffindor girls.

"Anyone fancy a drink at our place?" James suggested.

James and Lily had bought a quiet little home in Godric place shortly after they got married. It was a cute little home, and was often the gathering place in times they could meet.

A round of agreement ran through the group, and shortly after that Aveline found herself tucked next to Remus on James and Lily's couch with a drink in her hand, laughing at something Sirius had said.

James had made his classic piña colada's, that filled everyone's cup as cheeks got redder as the night went on.

Well everyone, except Lily Potter who sat sipping on a glass of water. This caught Avelin's attention, and as the girl got up to grab something from the kitchen Aveline followed her.

"Hi Lily," Aveline said suspiciously, watching as the girl filled her water glass

"Oh hey Ave, didn't see you get up!" Lily responded, glancing at her friend over her shoulder. "What's up? Do you need something?"

For a moment Aveline just observed her friend, taking in her baggy sweater and glowing cheeks.

"You're pregnant," Aveline blurted out.

She watched Lily freeze, hesitantly opening her mouth then shutting it.

Suddenly, she grabbed Aveline by the wrist, pulling her into the broom closet and shutting the door quickly behind her.

The closet was tiny, so the two girls practically stood nose to nose, chest to chest.

"You can't tell James!" Lily rushed in a hushed tone. "I haven't told him yet."

Aveline resisted the urge to squeal in pure excitement.

"Oh my GOD Lils! This is the best news ever, James is going to be thrilled!" Aveline exclaimed, reaching out and pulling her friend in for a hug. "How far along are you?"

Lily sighed though Aveline could see the hint of a smile hiding behind her face.

"Only a couple weeks," she answered, placing a hand on her stomach. "I'm nervous Aveline, what if James isn't ready for this?"

Aveline nearly laughed. "Lily," she sighed, shaking her head at the girl. "James Potter was born to be a dad. He's talked about wanting to be a Dad since we were 11. Trust me, he's going too be thrilled."

With one final hug, the girls emerged from the closet only to be greeted by the look of a startled Peter who was standing inches from the closet door. The boy quickly jumped back, pretending to be looking at something in the kitchen though it fooled neither girl.

"Peter," Lily began, crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes. "Were you listening to our conversation?"

"Me?" Peter gasped, his face turning red. "L-listening? N-no, Lils I would never."

Peter had always been a horrible liar, and all it took was for Aveline to raise her eyebrows in question fr the boy to go blabbing that yes he had heard and that no he wouldn't tell anyone.

With that the girls joined the rest of the group back in the living room. Aveline in a much better mood as she stared at James with a giddy grin.

James Potter was going to be a dad.