The Tales of the Emotionally Distressed

The future— the one thing no young adult really likes to talk about in that much detail. For its totally normal for us a a society to put so much pressure onto teenagers, to pick their lives fates when they are merely children without a clue in their heads.

Last year when Sprout had sat Aveline down and asked her what she wanted to be, she didn't even need to think about. She wanted to be a healer.

A healer to Aveline represented everything the Rosier's were not. Healers took things that were broken and made them whole again, they healed those who needed it the most. In her mind, becoming a healer was the final way she could send a fuck you to her family.

Though now, as she stared down at the letter in her hand from her parents, telling her wedding date was to be moved up to the beginning of the summer, she wasn't even sure if she'd be able to have a future.

She so badly wanted to run like Sirius did, but she didn't know how she was supposed to run from such terrifying people. No matter where she went or what she did, they would find her.

Her issue wasn't the fact she was scared of herself getting hurt, she was scared of them using someone she loved against her.

And it appeared, as if her father already was.

He had planned to make her marry theodore for a long time now. When his plan with her mother didn't work, he jumped on the next best thing— her friends.

Everyday for the last week Aveline had received a different picture in the mail. First it was the Lupins, then the Pettigrew, then the Potters and finally the most horrifying one of them all—

A picture of Remus and Aveline sharing a butter beer in Hogsmeads— the one she had promised she'd buy him.

It sent shivers down her spine just looking at it, the horrifying realization that someone was watching her, and they didn't have good intentions.

She was in the girls washroom between classes, trying to calm herself down as she felt on the verge of panic. She was helpless, completely helpless.

She was merely a little girl to be pushed around to them. Her rebellious behaviour was only something to be squashed, and it appeared they would do anything to stop it.

Her fingers clung to the edge of the sink for support, her head bowed down as her chest racked up and down. Her long blonde hair falling around, covering her face from view.

It felt like someone had placed a heavy weight on her lungs and she didn't have the strength to get it off. Her breath coming out in broking sobs, as the more she couldn't breath the more she panicked. A positive feedback loop of her own personal hell.

"Aveline? Are you alright?" a sweet voice said, and suddenly a pair of hands were on her back, rubbing her to try and be reassuring.

It was Lily Evans, she was sure of it. The girl was an angel and would never leave someone in distress.

"Aveline can you say something to me?" Lily asked gently, her face trying to look at Aveline's.

She tried to say she was fine, and that Lily didn't need to worry but she couldn't even get the words out. Lifting her head and looking at Lily with panic in her eyes as her chest continue to heave. She squeezed her eyes shut, begging it to go away.

"That's it, I'm taking you to the hospital wing," Lily stated, grabbing Aveline by the arm. "Madam Pomfrey will have a potion to calm you down."

Aveline tried to resist, it was horribly embarrassing to go to the hospital wing because she was panicking. Though her senses weren't even allowing her to see right, as she couldn't even get a breath in between the wracking of her lungs.