She's onto us!

The first month of school flew by in the time the spaceship of September usually does. One day your sitting outside, basking in the last reminders of the summer sun, and the next the leaves begin to fall as autumn takes it toll.

Aveline always rather liked the fall. In fact, she would consider it her favourite season. It was warm enough she didn't have to wear a heavy winter jacket, yet cold enough she could wear sweaters without sweating like a freak. The grounds also looked arguably the most stunning in fall. With various shades of leaves in every color dancing through the trees.

It was ironic really, that her favourite season was fall. For anyone would look at Aveline Rosier and assume it was summer. With her sunny disposition and happy go lucky attitude, it seemed as if she was made for the warm summer months.

As October approached, it unfortunately meant the full moon was approaching as well. Which for Remus Lupin, did not mean anything good.

It pained Aveline to watch the color drain from his face the closer they got to the full moon. Or the way he looked permanently tired, and would slump into his seat every morning at the breakfast table looking like he hadn't slept at all.

The marauders were always on their best behaviour when Remus was feeling this way. All of them going out of their way to give the boy whatever he needed.

It was the day of the full moon, when four out of the five friends were sitting in transfiguration class that Remus never showed up. They had divination prior, so no one had seen the boy since morning breakfast.

"Oy anyone see Moony?" James whispered, popping his head right inbetween Aveline and Sirius who sat in front of him.

When both of them shook their heads, James ever so slyly took out the marauders map, hiding it in his textbook infront of him. Sure enough, there was Remus in their dorm room. Obviously having a nap or some sort of rest.

Mcgonagall was coming around the room with a basket, taking in peoples homework assignment from the night before.

"Mr Potter?" She asked, standing at his desk as the boy scrambled in his backpack

"Uh Miss I don't have mine but one second," he mumbled, rumbling through his messy backpack. He pulled out the assignment, smoothing it out with his hands, "This is Remus's. He's feeling ill, asked me to give it to you."

Now, Proffesor Mcgonagall wasn't a complete fool. She looked down at the crumbled up piece of paper, of sloppy hand writing and spilled ink, and knew exactly who's working it was. This was the homework of James Potter, the boy who currently sat in front of her willing to take a zero so his friend wouldn't.

Technically it was cheating, and technically she should've gave him detention for lying. But all she could do was attempt to hide the smile that was growing from the warmth in her heart.

"Very well Mr Potter. Next time finish yours on time," she told him, and that was that.

"Sorry Minnie."

From the seat behind him, a particular red haired girl watched the scene go down. Lily Evans had spent many evenings in the library with Remus Lupin. She knew his printing though messy, was more of an elegant scrawl then james inked full mess. There was also no way that Remus would've given his homework to James if he wanted to hand it in. He most definitely would've chosen Aveline or Lily, two people who were a lot more organized and wouldn't have it crumpled up in the bottom of their bags.

Smiling to herself softly she went back to her reading her text book, shaking her head at the idiot that was James Potter.

______________