Oh Spring I adore you

Spring had finally seem to break through the grey winter drab, as the grounds began to spread with the soft touch of the seasons glow. The ground was still slightly damp, though little tiny flowers began to bloom through the cracks in the ground. The weather was rapidly warming, till it was warm enough you could be outside in nothing but your school shirt or perhaps a light sweater.

The sun felt so lovely against Aveline's skin she felt as if spring would melt all her issues away along with the sun. She could smell the wonderful life in the air, the grounds finally feeling alive again as little birds and bunnies began to make their way through.

Speaking of bunnies, today was a particular beautiful afternoon, and Mr honey was laying on her lap as she basked in the spring sun. Her eyes closed and limbs sprawled out like a starfish

The marauders were outside by the black lake, using their spare class to "study outside". Which actually involved zero studying.

Remus and Aveline were both on the same blanket, but whereas she lay sprawled out in the part of it light up by the sun, Remus was hiding in the shade provided by a tree. Leaning against his as he stared at the book in his lap.

A little whiles away James, Sirius and Peter were in a rock throwing competition. Tossing rocks as far as they possibly could to get a splash.

It was so utterly peaceful, the touch of spring the only thing that could bring bliss like this.

It felt as if her soul was physically warming up the longer she basked in the sun's glorious light. As if somehow the beautiful rays were reaching into her body and charging each individual cell till she finally was starting to feel like herself again, after months of winters brutal tug.

She didn't even realize it but she kept letting out happy little sighs. Mr Honey loved the sun too, the bunny stretched out and looking just as happy the weather was warming as Aveline.

The sun would solve all her problems. The sun would get rid of the anxiety chewing on her bones and pinching her in the chest.

It was already helping, and for the first time since last summer, she truly felt relaxed.

"mm how I adore the sun," she muttered softly under her breath, a smile of peace spreading across her features.

"I feel like your going to give yourself a sun burn," Remus pointed out, looking at her from over his book with a very amused expression.

"Not all of us want to be cave dwellers Remus."

"Cave dweller? Why am I cave dweller?" Remus complained, looking at her in shock.

She hadn't even opened her eyes, her eyelids heavy as the sun beamed down in them. She simply nodded her head, not making any movement to open her eyes or face the boy.

"You hate the sun, you like to brood in corners, and your always complaining everything is too warm," she explained as if it was obvious. "Cave dweller material."

"I don't brood in corners," he defended, though he wasn't mad in the slightest, this was just the nature of his relationship with Aveline.

"Oh yeah?" she challenged, finally sitting up to look him in the eyes. She looked gorgeous, the spring colors making her eyes pop as already a soft sprinkle of freckles extended across her nose. The sun flowed behind her as if it was her own personal spotlight, making her skin look radiant. "You say that as if you aren't brooding in a corner right now."

He raised an eyebrow at her, as if challenging her.

"I'm Remus Lupin, the sun is shining it's a horrible day, so Im gonna go sit in a corner and ponder my existence," she mocked, deepening her voice to pretend she was him.

"That is not how I sound!" He defended.

She tutted her lips, moving closer to him, setting Mr Honey down to do so. She rose to her feet, tugging on his arm trying to pull him up to his feet.

"What is it your doing?" he asked, not moving a single muscle even though she was putting her full weight into trying to get him move.

"I'm trying," she gritted, "to make you have fun."

"Fun just isn't fun."

"Oh shut up you cave dweller," she responded, and to this Remus let out a chuckle, throwing his head back at how dramatic the girl was.

In response Remus jumped to his feet, staring down at the girl with mischief in his eyes. He took a step forward and she jumped back, knowing he was up to something. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously, and for a second they just stood there, eyeing eachother.

"I don't trust you," she said slowly, holding her hands out infront of you.

"I don't see why," Remus shrugged as if he was innocent. "I was just gonna throw you in the lake, that's all."

Before Aveline even had time to react, Remus was lunging forward, picking her up with one swing and throwing her over his shoulder. She couldn't help but giggle like a manic, playfully hitting his back.

"Remus let me down!" she tried to sound serious but she couldn't stop laughing.

The boy casually was trolling over to the black lake, specially were the boat dock was as if he had no care in the world.

"Your acting like a cave man right now!" she hollered at him.

"Oh yeah? Let's take a swim then shall we!"

"Remus I swear I'll kill you!"

From the shore Sirius, James and Peter paused what they were doing, looking up to see the sight of Remus carrying Aveline. The two were both laughing like complete idiots, smiles so bright in their faces it was hard not smile along.

They watched as Remus pretended to throw her in the water, and Aveline shrieked and held onto him for dear life before collapsing into a fit of giggled. When he finally did let her down, they were holding eachothers arms, both parties trying to push the other in the water.

The whole time their eyes were locked, and in that moment a dragon could've flown by and neither of them would've noticed.

It was so different seeing Remus so carefree and happy like this. For yes they saw funny Remus and happy Remus, but the boy always had so much on his shoulder, as if he permanently had guilt and heartbreak sitting on his back.

Aveline seemed to be the only person in the entire universe who could make him act like a goofy effortless fool. She was the only person who could bring out his carefree side, that Remus liked to pretend he didn't have.

For the boy was always thinking a million deep thoughts, but when he was Aveline none of them seemed to matter. Her eyes, her smile, and just her wonderful self, were the only things on his mind whenever she was around.

And so, dancing under the first hint of spring sun, Aveline Rosier and Remus Lupin could be seen being compete idiots.

Though neither would have it any other way.