Peter check the map!

To put it lightly, Remus Lupin was freaking the fuck out.

All they knew is that during second block history of magic, Mcgonagall appeared whisking Aveline away, and they hadn't seen her since. They waited outside of each of her classes, thinking they'd catch her after one, though they never did. As far as they asked around no Hufflepuff nor any of the Gryffindor girls had seen her since she left that afternoon.

They were sitting in the great hall during dinner, the eyes of all four boys and the Gryffindor girls looking up each time the door opened. All of them were expecting to see their favourite Hufflepuff strolling in any moment, with her goofy smile and fluffy hair.

Though she never did, and right around the time plates  started to disappear Remus couldn't handle anymore.

"Peter the map check where she is," he hissed at the bot under his breath so no else could hear.

"Oh uh," Peter said awkwardly scratching the back of his head. "I gave it to Aveline earlier today."

All  three boys groaned under there breath, in frustration. It was Remus who stood up first, motioning for the others to follow. He was a man on the mission, pushing up the great hall door in a hurry.

"Moony, what are we doing?" James asked, struggling to keep up with him.

Remus didn't stop walking, not even turning to look at any of his friends.

"We're breaking into the Hufflepuff common room. If she's there great. If not we go to her room and we get the map."

"Won't people try and stop us?" Peter asked very confused.

"You can distract them Peter," Remus said to the boy, and Peter really didn't seem to like that idea but he nodded nonetheless.

They all watched as Remus stopped in front of a pile of barrels by the entrance to the kitchen. They had all been near this end to pick Aveline up from the Hufflepuff common room, though none of them had ever actually entered it before without her.

Remus leaned forward, tapping the barrels in the pattern he was sure he could picture Aveline doing. And sure enough, the wall swung open, revealing the cozy little yellow room.

Luckily for them everyone was at dinner except a couple first years. The first years looked so shocked by the presence of the marauders they scurried into the corners in shock, not saying a word.

"You," Sirius said pointing to a small girl with bows in her hair. "Have you seen Aveline Rosier lately?"

The girl seemed terrified Sirius was talking to her and James nudged him out of the way, sending him a harsh expression.

"Hey, don't mind him, he's an arse," James said kindly to the girls. "My name is James, and these are my friends. We were wondering if you could help us find our friend Aveline."

The girls looked at eachother before one of the nodded to James.

"I can show you her room. Maybe she's sleeping," the girl said.

The four boys followed the tiny first up the stairs. It was set up more or less the same then the Gryffindor common room. She wounded around a corner till she stopped infront of a wooden door labelled sixth year girls.

"Thank you very much," Remus told the girl politely, reaching into his pocket and pulling a chocolate frog out nowhere. The girls eyes widened in excitement when she saw it, and she grabbed it from him with a smile on her face.

"What the fuck are wonkity willa?" Sirius huffed, clearly annoyed that Remus and James were better with kids then him.

Remus furrowed his brow, not sure what Sirius was trying to say.

"Willy wonka?" Remus asked when he figured it out.

"Yeah whatever the fuck the muggle chocolate child murdering feral fella is named," Sirius shrugged as if it was obvious.

Remus just stared at him for a moment in slight horror, before pushing forward and opening the dorm room.

In the entire time they had been friends with Aveline, they had never let them step foot in her dorm, no matter how many times Sirius begged. It was much brighter then the Gryffindor rooms, light tan color wood and similar four poster beds, though decked out in light gold bed sheets and covers.

It was also much cleaner then the Gryffindor boys room. Each girls bed was made, and besides a few scattered items on desks it was spotless.

"How are we supposed to know which was hers?" Peter asked, looking around.

Though Remus, Sirius and James had already split up, and were looking on the desks and bed side tables trying to figure out which one belonged to Aveline.

"It's this one," Remus said suddenly, pointing to one of the beds.

"How do you know?" James asked, dumfounded that he hadn't even opened a drawer.

He pointed to the wrapper of a strawberry sucker, lifting it up and showing it to them.

"This is Aveline's favourite candy. Plus she has muggle fairy tale books stacked beside her bed, and also the perfume on the desk is definitely the one she wears— vanilla and orange," Remus explained as if it was obvious.

James had a ridiculous smirk on his face as he watched Remus, shaking his head amusement.

"Well go on then, find the map,"James motioned him forward but all four boys were frozen.

For some reason it felt wrong to snoop through a girls stuff— even if that girl was Aveline. It was Sirius who finally took the bait, mumbling under his breath in an annoyed tone as he threw open her bedside drawer.

A couple seconds of him rummaging through it later Sirius pulled out the map, flopping down on Aveline's perfectly made bed.

"Sirius!" James hissed. "Get off of there!"

"What!?" Sirius complained. "She does it to me all the time!"

"Yes," James contunied, dragging Sirius off the bed. "But we actually give her permission to be in our dorm. If you haven't noticed, we are breaking an entry! No one touch anything they don't have too!"

Though from behind him he could hear chewing, and James whirled around to see Peter chomping on one of Aveline's candy bars she had hidden in the top drawer of her desk.

"Oops," Peter mumbled, his face going red.

"That's it, everyone out!" James whispered trying to stay quiet, hearding them all out of the room like sheeps.

When they made their way down the stairs there were a couple more Hufflepuffs, though no one said anything about their presence. For one, they were marauders, and for two they hung around the Hufflepuff Princess Aveline Rosier.

She probably could've brought a donkey and a cow into the common room and no one would've said anything.

The second they were out the door Remus was snatching the map from Sirius, his eyes scanning over it trying to find her name. Though his heart stilled as he could find it. He shoved it to James.

"I can't find her," Remus whispered, running a hand through his hair evidently stressed

When James couldn't find her, Sirius tried, three boys coming to the same conclusions— Aveline Rosier was no where to be found. The map didn't lie, and she sure wasn't in the grounds as Hogwarts.

"Wait!" Peter said suddenly, his eyes glued to the map. "Is that Proffesor Emerald in the entrance to the shrieking shack?"

All four boys eyes were glued to the spot Peter was pointing. Sure enough they watched Emerald's name disappear as she entered the shack. It was odd, definitely not something they would've seen everyday.

Something unspoken was said as the four boys looked at eachother then sprinted as fast as they possible could towards the shrieking shack.