The Slip Up

As a Hufflepuff, you'd think Aveline Rosier would understand loyalty. The concept however simple it was in definition, had been something that her brain had been racking for the better part of the year. Trying to figure out what true loyalty mean— if in this dark and fucked up world it can even coexist with all the horror.

She was thought loyalty couldn't possibly exist without other people. That without ones to love, without ones to cheshire, the concept didn't exist. It had always been this type of loyalty that was important to her.

With her family first— the Rosier's no matter how harsh they treated her would always have a place in her heart. She would love them, accept the flaws of her father and brother with grace no matter the pain they brought to her heart.  Of course with her many friends she had made over the years, constantly putting her best foot forward to support and care for them in whatever they did.

It was this type of loyalty that Aveline Rosier always thought made her a Hufflepuff.  Though as more time went on, and she felt a burning feeling of resentment for her family, Aveline Rosier wasn't sure she understood what loyalty was in anymore. Even Regulus Black, the one slytherin Aveline never thought would do it, wore the snake tattoo on his forearm.

People could so easily be bought out, twisted  and manipulated into being horrible desperate versions on themselves. She had watched it happen with her brother, and she had watched it happen to many kids similar to him.

As Aveline looked into the vanity mirror in her little bedroom, she realized it was happening to her.

At the core of her being, Aveline liked to consider herself a good person. Truthfully she was. She never wanted to hurt anyone, she always tried to be kind— but that was it. Certainly this makes her a good person, no doubt about it.

Though Aveline had always promised herself she would protect her values. Values of justice, values of peace, values of kindess. And here she was, with a perfect ticket into death eater  society, and she was doing nothing but counting her days like a coward. When she was in the perfect position to do something that could potentially be helpful to this horrible war.

This horrible war that had taken so much from her already, and from so many innocent people.

When she looked at her reflection, taking in the straight hair, perfectly pampered skin and smooth manicure, she realized she couldn't do it anymore.

She couldn't keep playing this role going against everything she wanted in life. There were ways out of it, there had to be— she just needed to find it.

For loyalty to her friends, and loyalty to herself, Aveline Rosier would not lay down and let her pride, her morals and values be trampled on. To become some doll sitting on a shelf for these pureblood idiots to fuck with.

She was so done playing the roll of the harmless slightly rebellious daughter.

She wanted to show her parents the daughter they raised.

The daughter who had grown up being told to kill bunnies.

The daughter who almost strangled her own father to death.

She wanted to show these people that they had indeed raised a Rosier.

A Rosier who had every intention to burn the marble mansion to the fucking ground. For herself and for her beautiful friends who lives were being threatened.

She could feel the emotions from the past months of torment building in her. Like someone had dumped a million galleons of gasoline in her body, and her meeting with the Dark Lord has been the spark to set it off.