Life is a Tornado and we are just the wind

There was two things James Potter disliked.

Yes only two things.

He was the type of person to pretty much be able to find the good in anyone or anything. Which for the record was extremely infuriating for people like Sirius, Remus or Aveline, who genuinely found something to detest in almost anything.

Those two things were fairly simply—

People he loved being hurt

And losing.

Right now, the middle of dreadful january with its harsh winds and snowstorms, the two things he disliked the most of all were in his horizons— mocking him like some shadows he couldn't quite reach.

It all started on a brisk monday morning, the type of monday morning where you wish so badly it was a saturday, and could stay in your bed surrounded by cozy blankets and the relaxation of doing nothing.

But no, it just had to be monday because no matter how much we wish it was something we could bottle up and contain, time couldn't be stopped.

James Potter, sporting his usual happy go lucky attitude with his head boy badge and dazzling smile was making his way down to breakfast.

The boy had always been a morning person (you know the sort of annoying type that wakes up looking nearly perfect and never has eye bags and always seem to have a hop in their step? Yes that was James Potter). He always made a point to head down to breakfast early, and recently he made a habit of sitting with the daily prophet and a cup of tea well he awaited his friends to join him.

It was a peaceful time, the sort where he could just be within his own mind, within his own thoughts without anything to distract him.

"Potter!"

It was Mcgonagall's voice, the one that on instant caused him to turn around like some sort of obedient dog. She was rushing towards him, her usual stern face even more set, as if she was made of stone.

"Minnie? What is it?" he asked, pausing in his tracks.

She shook her head, letting her face wash over into an expression of slight despair. Rarely ever did she let her guard down around students, but time and time again as the war raged on James saw her crack.

And that was terrifying. Minvera Mcgonagall was probably the bravest person he knew, and to see her of all people emotional, made him realize the severity of the situation.

"Mr Bailey's family has been found murdered, I'm afraid you'll be out a seeker for this Friday's match," she said solemnly, no beating around the bush.

James heart dropped in his stomach. Jonathan Bailey was the Gryffindor teams seeker, a tiny little third year who was always upbeat and never was seen without a smile and giggled.

James supposed now that would change. Another young happy soul, stolen by the turmoil of war.

It seemed like everyday now, someone James's knew was being sent home in tears and with bad news. It was getting closer and closer to him, and he couldn't help but feel as if somehow this was the calm before an even worse storm.

He could live without a seeker for a match, certainly this may very well cost them the house cup, but a boys entire family had been murdered— James could live with losing a Quidditch match, as much as it would bother him.

He sighed, there was nothing he could possibly say.

It was terrifying for him, mere months away from graduating and being sent of into a world where the only constants were death and war.