Friends :)

By the next morning nearly everyone had heard the news of what went down in the Hufflepuff common room— someone skinned Aveline Rosier's rabbit and made it a blood bath in her dorm. By the next afternoon the Hufflepuffs were free to go back to their common room, though Sprout had added an extra step to enter— just to be safe.

As for Aveline, she was quite deviated. She had, had Mr Honey since she was a mere child. He went to Hogwarts with her every year, and was always the only comfort she would have when she went home. He was her little buddy, with his cute little whiskers and adorable face.

She was also on the edge. Knowing that someone—aka Evan— entered her door room with a knife and no one noticed. It was an unsettling feeling, one that had her constantly looking over her shoulder.

The sun was going down over the lake, the weather brisk with a light fall chill. Aveline and her friends, standing outside as James, Sirius, Peter and Remus were on their knees, digging a hole in the ground by their usual tree.

Aveline had a black shoe box in her hand, the girl clutching it close to her heart as she watched the boys dig. Lily, Marlene and Mary were standing beside her, the red haired girl rubbing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Alright Aveline," James said, jumping up. Whipping a brow full of sweat off with the back of his hand. "It's ready whenever you are."

She looked down at the box, before slowly getting down on her knees. Then ever so delicately she opened the box, closing her eyes as she picked up the dead rabbits body, placing it in the hole.

The boys began to refill the hole, as Aveline just stared— watching her childhood best friend be buried into the earth.

Once the boys were done Aveline reached into her pocket, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it with a charm. She passed the box around— even Lily taking a cigarette. The group smoking in silence as they stared at the grave.

"D-does anyone have any kind words they'd like to say about Mr Honey?" Peter suggested.

"Yeah," Sirius muttered as he blew out smoke. "We should've dried it and turned him into bunny jerkey—"

Remus shut him up by placing a hand over Sirius's
mouth and kicking him in the shin. James was giving Sirius a death stare.

"How would you like if I dried you when you die, and turn your body into Sirius Jerkey?" Marlene hissed, slapping him on the back of the head.

"Kind words," James said, pretending like he didn't hear Sirius and Marlene, "That's a great idea Pete. I'll go first. Mr Honey was a good bunny. He was small and fluffy and he um- he uhhh liked carrots. And lettuce— buddy loved lettuce."

"Mr Honey had some nice paws," Mary added looking very impressed with herself that she could come up with something to say about a dead rabbit.

"That bunny was part of the—"

"Oh for fucks sake," Aveline cut Sirius off, not at all wanting to hear another person speak. She tossed her cigarette on the ground, crushing it with her boot. "He's a dead fucking rabbit he doesn't need a eulogy."

From beside her, Lily quickly stuffed a piece of paper in her pocket that most definitely was not an eulogy for Mr Honey she had written just for the occasion. Aveline ran her hands through hair with a sigh, itching for another cigarette but knowing her friends would shame her if she did.

So instead she thanked her friends for helping her with the burial, before making an excuse up that she had too much homework and had to go back to her common room.