Am I a real girl or a barbie doll

Aveline didn't have a moment to rest the whole break. She was dragged around in every direction, constantly pampered and dressed up like a doll. She had lunches she had to attend, clothes to try on, lectures to be had from her mother and Mrs Nott. It was so utterly exhausting, that on the last night— the night of the Easter Ball— she was actually relieved.

For at least the Ball would give her some time to sneak off, and perhaps catch a moment alone to breath without eyes constantly judging her, waiting for her to break.

The dress she was wearing tonight was actually particularly pretty, a light blue color with little gems on the top. Her hair half pulled back into a pretty braid.

The Ball was to take place at the Nott manor, which meant Aveline was required to go early to greet guests. Which really meant she had to hang onto Theodore's arm well he greeted the guests, and she was merely there to be shown off.

The bad news with this meant she had to be close to Theodore, but the good news was that he couldn't talk to her, since they were constantly being surrounded  by new people entering the ball.

"Regulus, how's the break been?" Theodore greeted the boy by hugging him like they were brothers.

Regulus gave Aveline a very strange look from over Theodore's shoulders, that she couldn't quite understand.

"About as good as you'd expect," Regulus responded, and after that the two boys fell into a hushed conversation.

There was something off about the hall. The usual calm and effortless pureblood acting on edge, as if something was coming. People constantly adjusting ties, woman running their hands through there hair like mad.

It was when the door swung open, and all heads turned, that Aveline heart dropped.

She had never seen him in real life, but she didn't need to, to know it was him. Bellatrix Lestrange— Sirius's cousin who had graduated a few years prior— and Lucious Malfoy stood next to a man, seemingly beaming with pride as they looked around the room.

Aveline had never seen a man like him. He was human, with jet black hair and beady eyes, though he looked more like some sort of snake trying
to impersonate a man. Like a transformation spell gone wrong and he was lockded between two worlds.

His skin a little too stretched over his face, making him like almost translucent, with horrifying red eyes scanning around the room.

"Our Lord," one man called, dropping to his knees.

Like a domino effect the whole room did so as well, and Aveline had no choice but to do the same. Bowing her head  to the ground and not daring to look up as did the others.

The man was making his way through the room slowly, almost gliding as if gravity didn't hold him down. He was studying the many people kneeling before him, an almost smile on his face as he eyed their bowed heads.

"It is my most wonderful honour to be invited here  tonight."

He didn't speak loud, but somehow his voice bounced off every wall. Confident and low, sending chills down Aveline's spine. She just kept focusing on keeping her eyes down, knowing it was best not to make eye contact.

"Surrounded by the future of the wizarding world. My astounded colleagues and friends, and I invite you to all rise, to share in a toast with me."

The room obeyed, people standing up and scurrying to pick up a glass of something at his demand. Regulus shoved a glass into Aveline's trembling hand, giving her a warning look to stay calm.