Dealing Cards

A fools death was better than a cowards.

At least, Aveline hoped it was as she descended the steps to the dungeon one aching step at a time. She could hear muttering, which brought a smile to her face because at least her friends were alive.

"Aveline what happened?" Gideon rushed to the bars the second he caught sight of the torn up pink dress descending the stairs.

Aveline wasn't sure how bad she looked, but based on the fact everyone was staring at her like she was a walking a zombie, it certainly wasn't good.

"You know," Aveline gritted, gripping onto the medal bars that support them for support. "Just a little torture to end the evening. Where's Dott?"

All three of the boys shrugged, looking around at each other for answers.

"She hasn't come back," Kingsley finally said.

"Dott here now!" Aveline called out to no one in particular.

She waited, expecting the familiar pop and beady eyes of her little elf friend to join her any moment.

Though nothing happened.

She tried calling, again and again, till her voice came more of a beg then a demand.

She was very much aware of Kingsley telling her there was no point, and that she needed to leave and save herself before someone came down here and threw her back in jail.

Though on what had to her 50th try, the familiar pop of a house elf sounded and Aveline nearly cried with relief.

"Dott please, I know you—wait."

Aveline stopped, taking in the unfamiliar eyes of the creature infront of her. This was certainly a house elf, but it certainly was not Dott.

This house elf had an expression that seemed as if he had just smelt something horrible, a back so hunched his nose nearly touched his toes.

"kreacher?!" Aveline gasped, almost doubting herself.

She hadn't seen the Black family house elf in years. Since she was a child and would frequent pure blood events with her family.

"Master Regulus has sent to bring the blood traitors home," the house elf gritted, looking not at all impressed with the task infront of him.

Aveline watched as he extended a knobby hand towards the door of the cell, unlocking it with a large silver key.

"Blood traitors dirty blood traitors," Kreacher hissed under his breathe, sending such a harsh glare to Kingsley it was like he was trying to set him on fire with his eyes.

The last thing Aveline saw was someone descending down the stairs before Kreacher took them away with a thundering crack.

_________

Before any of them had time to even thank Kreacher he was gone. Which truthfully was for the best, Aveline was not sure the bitter house elf would take well to any of them thanking him.

Long grass the was tall enough to submerge the four aurors is what they had landed in. With Grey clouding skies above them and the crashing sounds of the ocean in the distance.

"Where are we?" Fabian asked, standing up and rubbing his head,.

Kingsley was already helping Aveline up, the girl an unnatural shade of pale.

She squinted her eyes, catching sight of a little cottage glistening in the distant,

If Aveline had the energy to do so she would've cried happy tears. The sight of the cottage like coming home to a warm fireplace on a cold winter day.