AAAAA

"Hey guys Mary wanted me— AAAAAAAAAH!"

The shriek of Peter Pettigrew filled the compartment, as if he just say someone being murdered. Pure bloody murder ringing through the hallways, as his shrill voice caused Remus and Aveline to jump apart as if they had been electrocuted.

Hastily, Aveline fixed her skirt that had been pushed up, straightening out her hair as Remus quickly and unsuccessfully tried to brush the lipstick that was on his lips off with the back of his hand.

And for a moment they just froze, Peter staring at the duo with his jaw dropped as they stared back— equally horrified.

"Peter," Remus spoke gently as if talking to a deer he wasn't to spook. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to say in this situation.

"Peter," Aveline spoke, staring at the boy intensely with her finger held out infront of her. "Do not say a word to anyone. You didn't see anything. And if I hear that you told anyone about this little situation
I will skin you alive and make you eat your own flesh. Understood?"

"Y-y-yes ma'am," Peter stumbled, though his eyes were still wide.

The boy looked genuinely traumatized, his eyes flickering between Aveline and Remus in pure disgust.

"So uh, what were you gonna ask us?" Remus started, awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

Peter merely kept staring at them, his face frozen in a permanent I'm -going - to - throw - up expression.

"Peter? What did you need?" Remus asked again, getting a tiny bit annoyed.

"Your hands," Peter mummbled, "Were up her skirt."

"Okay!" Remus snapped, patting Peter on the back. "That's enough, run back to Mary why don't you?"

Peter turned around, quite literally sprinting away as fast as possible, stumbling on his own feet. As he did Remus let out a sigh of relief, turning back
to Aveline who was sitting biting her lip, concern in her eyes. Her wild curls were even more wild, falling around her face as if they had a mind of their own.

What Aveline wasn't expecting was for things to be so awkward, the small train carriage suddenly feeling like it was suffocating them with the tension of teenage hormones and wandering eyes. Remus coughed, clearing his throat as he sat back down, not a word said between them.

He knew that he probably should've said something, or at least attempted to make a joke at their own expense, but he couldn't.

Instead he muttered something about being exhausted, and leaned his head against the window, closing his heavy eyes.

For a moment all Aveline could do was stare at him, his shoulders hunched and closed off as if he was trying to take himself out of reality.

Was he embarrassed? She wondered, as she watched his closed eyes not even make a movement to open. Certainly kissing her wasn't that bad, that he felt the need to bury himself into the window like some sulking school child.

Remus confused her on no end, it was true. She liked to think she was fairly good at reading people, but when it came to him she sometimes felt like he was worlds away — like his mind was up in the stars well hers was ten feet underground.

"I'll be back, just going to the loo," She muttered, hoping to get some response out of the boy.

She got nothing, not even a subtle nod of his head or flicker of his nose.

She clenched her jaw, lingering in the doorway waiting for him to do anything but pretend she wasn't there.

But he didn't, and so she left with Princess under her arm not even daring to look back.
____________