Mom Your Embarrassing Me!

The next morning, the entire Rosier family sat at the breakfast table. Two almost identical looking blonde woman, an old man, and a young man with a wild looking eye twitch.

Aveline hadn't slept the entire night, in fact, she spent most of the time replaying her childhood trying to figure out what she was missing.

As far as she was aware her mother was an absolute saint, but perhaps she should've stopped to question why such a "saint" ended up married to Mr Rosier.

She couldn't stop staring at her mother, feeling as if she was seeing a ghost.

The way she'd hum as she kissed her husband on the forehead, or the beautiful sun dress that fell to her ankles she wore, all seemed to perfect. Perhaps Aveline was delusional last night, and her mother hadn't said all the horrid blood purity stuff.

It was when the daily prophet came though with the news seven muggle families in a single neighborhood had been murdered, Aveline nearly had a stroke.

For her mother, read her title, and the widest smile flew over her face, the woman clutching her hand over her chest.

"Oh how wonderful! Calvus look, 14 muggles dead!" the woman said sweetly, as if she was talking about happy news, like homeless people being put into proper homes, not families dying. "You kids better better be grateful, this stuff didn't happen when I was growing up. Though my Evan bear seems to be a leader in it all."

It was so incredibly odd to witness, all Aveline could do was hang her mouth open. For her mother spoke so nicely and softly, looking like a woman made of daisy's and roses.

But then she wasn't different from any of the people Aveline so detested, she just happened to have a pretty face and a nice demeanour.

Evan beamed anytime she praised her, as did her father. It was odd, almost as if both men were under some sort of spell. Dotting over the woman as if she was the most important thing in the universe.

After breakfast Aveline went to pack up her trunk, though it was already mainly done, she just needed to get away from it all.

Her door squeeked open, and in walked the woman that had made her so confused, a sweet smile on her makeup covered face.

"Hello my love," she said softly, walking over to where Aveline stood. She reached out, placing a hand on her daughters face and staring at it sweetly. "Your father tells me your going through a rebellious stage."

Aveline scoffed, taking a step back.

"Rebellious stage? How about I will never support my father and brother being part of a vile and disgusting genocide," Aveline snapped, crossing her arms over her chest.

Her mother tutted, moving to sit on the edge of Aveline's bed, patting the spot next for her to Aveline to sit down too. Hesitantly she did.

Mostly because she was still begging the universe that her mother was just playing a part, that she was just trying to survive in this house as she was. That maybe one day they could run away from it all, start a life of peace and love.

"Now my sweet girl, I know you are still young, and I don't expect you to understand, but the work our Lord is doing is revolutionary. Once he is done, our society will be pure of just the best. We can be free, and only then, when all the vile parts of the world are gone, can we truly prosper," she spoke with a dazed look in her eye, as if she was excited jsut thinking about. Eleanora reached forward, grabbing Aveline's face in her hands. "The future is bright my love, and we are so lucky we are on the right side of history."