Peaceful Study Sessions

In the Marauders language, studying for finals meant sitting outside with a couple books, a basket of snacks stolen from the kitchen, and spending more time goofing around then revising.  It was times like these Aveline cherished the most, where despite looming stresses of graduation and war, they were simply teenagers enjoying eachothers companionship.

Aveline was trying to read her history of magic textbook, in which she hadn't even cracked the spine open until that week. The text was just so boring, and she would rather be trying to stick pieces of bread in Peter's hair well he slept, but with the presence of Remus and Lily it meant actually trying to study.

Aveline was just done. She wanted to write her stupid finals and be done with the annoying bullshit that was school.

"If I was a type of desert what do you think I'd be be?" Sirius asked to the group.

Sirius had a talent for always throwing the group off task, which was something Aveline absolutely adored about the boy. 

There was nothing Aveline enjoyed more than being off task.

"Oo," she started, immediately abandoning her book. "I feel like.... you'd be something cute and sweet like a strawberry cupcake."

"A strawberry cupcake?" Sirius snorted, looking at her in a you-must-be-kidding sort of way. "No way! I'm smooth, I'm sensual, I'm crème brûlée, I am a lava cake—"

"No way Sirius," James added, throwing his textbook on the ground and engaging in the conversation. "You are totally a cute little cupcake with pink sprinkles."

"Sprinkles?!" Sirius gasped. "No way. I'm way too bad ass to be a cupcake. I'm definitely crème brûlée."

"Marlene is crème brûlée. Tall, blonde, sexy, bad ass," Aveline started, and from where she was sitting the blonde gryffindor let out a happy little squeak.

"Aw you think so Aveline? I think you'd be a sexy chocolate covered strawberry," Marlene smirked, sending Aveline a wink.

Sirius let out a loud scoff, the leather jacket boy leaning back on the tree behind him as he lit a cigarette between his fingers and took a long , slow drawl.

"Cupcake my ass," Sirius muttered under his breathe.

Aveline reached for his box of cigarettes, which the boy usually gave up to her no problem. Though this time he snatched it away, sending her a glare.

"After calling me a cupcake, get your own," he told her.

She rolled her eyes. "Fine. You're smooth, you're sensual, you're sexy— you're crème brûlée."

Sirius raised an eyebrow, letting out a blow of smoke. "You talk to your boyfriend with that mouth?"

Right when Aveline was about to raise her hand to hit the by, a loud shriek followed by a cry for help caught the attention of the group, all heads raising. Even Lily Evans, who usually not even a bomb going off could break her focus on her studies looked up.

Aveline and Sirius were the first to react. The shriek was young— sounding as if belonged to a younger student , and without thinking both purebloods, jumped up, sprinting towards it as if they didn't need to think twice .

"AVE, SIRIUS— for fuck sakes," James tried to call after then to get them to slow down but they were gone.

In her haste Aveline hadn't even remembered to grab her wand which lay on the grass, Remus grabbing it as he locked eyes with James, as the two marauders ran after their friends .