Chapter 3

The next day, I'm woken up by 3 voices.

Mother told me I could take the day off school today as she knows how excited I am to see Grandpa Joseph again.

When I realise who the voices are, I dart out of bed and open my door.

"Grandpa!" I exclaim, rushing over to him. I wrap my arms around him and give him a big inviting hug.

"Y/N! It's so good to see you! You're turning into a fine young lady just like your mother." He replies with a laugh.

My mother joins in with the laughter but stops once she realises that I haven't been introduced to the second Male stood with us.

"Oh Dear, this is Avdol. I don't believe you have met!" My mother introduces the man.

"It's nice to meet you Mr Avdol!" I give him a warm smile to which he gives a hearty chuckle.

"No need for formalities. Avdol is fine. It's lovely to meet a kind young lady such as yourself Y/N." Avdol greets me.

I can already tell that we will get along just fine.

"Ahh where were we? Oh yes! We're all going to get your brother out of that stupid cell of his. Would you like to come with us?" Grandpa Joseph asks.

I would honestly say yes but after having no luck yesterday, I feel as if I should sit this one out and take some time to myself. I'm sure they can handle him on their own.

"As much as I appreciate the offer, I must decline. But if you need any help, call the house phone and I'll come right away." I give them all a smile.

Shortly after, they set off, leaving me on my own.

I sit at my desk, filling in some homework which is due in a few days but stop once I feel like I am being watched again.

This feeling is so strange.

I don't mean to pin the blame on anyone here but I can't help but feel like things have started getting stranger since the new boy at school came along.

"Stop, you're imagining things Y/N..." I tell myself, trying to concentrate on my work.

Suddenly, my vision blanks out and I'm no longer sat at my desk. I can't exactly tell what I'm looking at but all I can see is fire. Lots of fire!

When I zone back in again, I take a gasp for air.

What was that about? God I think I am loosing my mind.

For the rest of my time alone, I finish my homework just in time for everyone to arrive home.

Including my brother.

"Good grief. Get off my back old man." Jotaro grumbles, walking straight past me and into his room.

His jacket looks slightly burnt in places... wait... burnt?

"What happened back there?" I ask the others as they walk towards me.

"Well this might be a long story so we might want to sit down." Grandpa Joseph says.

Mother leads us towards a small room and we all sit down on the floor. We stare at each other in awkward silence.

"So... are you gonna tell me?" I ask.

Grandpa Joseph and Avdol exchange glances at each other before speaking up.

"I don't know how to say this so I will just say it how it is. Your brother has a Stand. He thinks hes haunted by an evil spirit which is why he locked himself up. Avdol used his Stand to help get Jotaro to leave." Grandpa Joseph tells me.

"What? What the fuck is a Stand?" I ask completely lost.

"Language young lady! Now, a Stand is a manifestation of ones soul to put it one way. They are meant to protect you and in a way, it is kind of like a spirit." He continues.

Isn't that kind of like my ghost? But I didn't think anyone could see her.

"Not everyone has a stand. Some are born with them, some obtain them at birth. However, it seems that Joseph obtained his randomly. Just like your brother." Avdol explains to me.

I sit for a moment, shocked. Do I tell them about my stand? Or do I just leave it and pretend she doesn't exist?

"So you mean like... this?" I ask as my ghost shows up. Or should I say, Stand.

"Oh my god!" My Grandpa exclaims with his hands on his head.

My mother, Grandpa and Avdol look at me in shock. I back away and my Stand comes closer to me protecting me.

"You- wait, you can see her?" I ask in awe that I'm not the only one.

Avdol's Stand appears beside him and my Grandpa's appears on his arm.

"Woah... I thought I was the only one! So you're telling me, my brother has one too?" I ask with wide eyes and they nod.

"Precisely Y/N. Only other Stand users can see another Stand. They are not visible to the normal eye." Avdol elaborates.

I sit back and nod my head, trying to process all the information I was given.

A Stand...

Thay sounds kinda cool!

"We will work on how to use your Stand and basic training tomorrow. After school." Grandpa Joseph says and I grumble due to the last part.

I was kind of hoping I could get another day off school.