Chapter 16

After Jotaro came back and Polnareff was released from the police station, we all made our way to the train station where we would be heading to India.

Once we are sat comfortably, I sigh hoping that nothing bad happens whilst on the train.

"Hey Jotaro? Do you mind if I take one of those? They're my favorite." Kakyoin politely asks, pointing to one of the cherries on Jotaro's plate.

"Sure. Go ahead." He gives a blunt answer.

Kakyoin thanks him, placing the cherry in his mouth, proceeding to perform some weird trick with it.

I see my brother visibly tense but I don't bother asking why. I think the trick is quite amusing.

"Say, where did that little girl go? It's awfully quiet without her." Polnareff asks.

"I don't know. She was with us at the station. Maybe she went to go meet her father?"

At some point during the train ride, I feel myself drift off into a dreamless sleep. However, once I wake up, I hear a ruckus coming from outside the train.

As we step off the train, we are bombarded with a swarm of people shouting and trying to sell things to us.

"You are very pretty! Please marry my son!" A man shouts towards me and I feel Kakyoin pull me towards him, keeping me out of harm's way.

"My wallet has already been stolen." Kakyoin frowns and I turn to him, burying my face into his jacket, praying this nightmare would end.

"See, isnt this a great country? This is what makes this country so wonderful." Avdol smiles.

We begin pushing our way through the crowd, Grandpa Joseph leading us towards another hotel where we check in.

Once we pick the rooms, we all sit down in the dining area for some food.

"Where are you going? Aren't you ordering food?" I ask Polnareff who stands up from his chair, walking away.

"I need to find the John. Just be sure to pick something for me. Something that fits a Frenchman such as moi!" He smirks, walking away to find the bathroom.

After deciding what to eat, we wait patiently for Polnareff to come back. And he comes back alright.

"Ahhh!! Where is he?! Where'sthe Stand user?!" He exclaims, running back into the restaurant.

"What?"

"Polnareff have you lost your mind?"

Without a warning, the Frenchman runs out of the hotel and into the streets, shouting for the Stand user.

"Where are you? You bastard?! I'll kill you for killing my sister!" He screams.

Shit he's here? The man who took his sisters life?

"Polnareff I know your upset but please calm down. You can't go off on your own. We have to stick together!" I try to explain.

"No you don't understand!"

"Miss Y/N is right, Polnareff. We have to stick together." Avdol agrees with me, walking towards Polnareff.

The two of them get into an extremely heated argument, resulting in Polnareff walking away. I attempt to run after him but I'm held back by Kakyoin who shakes his head with a sad nod.

"Come, let's head back inside. There is nothing more we can do for him now." Avdol turns away and walks back inside.

We all sit in silence, eating our food which was ordered but one of the chairs remains empty.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to bed. I feel like I need an early night." I excuse myself from the table, wanting to get away from the awkwardness in the air.

I leave before anyone gets the chance to protest.

I look around my hotel room, seeing that it is quite small but it will do. I can't expect a 5 star hotel all the time.

I sigh, changing into my pyjamas and getting into bed. I switch off the lamp next to my bed and lay in the darkness.

I must have been awake for a few hours and after my failed attempt at trying to sleep, I get out of bed and sit next to the window. The soft moonlight shines through the blinds as the wind ever so slightly blows.

Is there no other way for this to end? I just want all of us to be safe. I know I can't protect everybody but I have to try my best. My brother is strong and I hope to be the same.

But I'll never be as good as him!

I feel a burst of anger leave my body from all that has happened today. My fist lunges towards the wall subconsciously. I feel a sharp pain run through my hand as blood begins to trickle down my hand.

"Fuck."

I pull back my arm, holding my hand as a bit of blood slips between my fingers.

Shit, how the hell am I gonna be able to cover this up?!

Knock knock knock

"Hey Y/N you okay in there? Can I come in?" Kakyoin asks on the other side of the door.

Fuck, I forgot he was in the room next to mine.

"U-uh yeah just give me a second!" I call back, rushing to find something to cover my hand up with.

I quickly throw a random shirt of mine over my hand and answer the door.

"Hey... sorry about that noise. I fell over my bag." I lie, hoping that he falls for it.

"Oh, are you alright? You- Y/N what's that? You're hurt!" He widens his eyes, pointing out my hand.

So I somehow picked up my white shirt and now the blood is showing through it. Great, just great.

"Kakyoin I'm okay, really. It was just a small accident." I smile, trying not to think about the pain.

"Let me help you. I insist. You helped me before so please let me return the favour." He asks but doesn't push me.

I guess he's right.

He always seems to be right.