Chapter 53

After the whole ordeal with D'arby, we are finally back on the streets of Cairo in search for Dio's mansion.

"Are you kidding me? Has Polnareff seriously wondered off on his own again?" I ask no one in particular, looking around for him.

"That's Polnareff for you. He won't have gone too far." Kakyoin smiles.

The last time we said that about Polnareff, he got himself in trouble with another enemy Stand user.

"Look, there he is."

We look at Polnareff who is stood in a corner of the street. He seems to be acting pretty weird, his eyes darting all over the place.

"Pol? What are you doing? We have to find Dio. Stop messing around." I laugh.

"Oh! I... I was taking... a piss." He stammers.

"How vulgar." Avdol shakes his head at Polnareff.

Polnareff then sticks out his tongue acting even more bizarre than before. It's as if he's trying to lick the wall. Or he's trying to tell us something. The Frenchman then let's out a sneeze, moving away from the wall for us to see someone is behind him.

Hol Horse. That cowboy bastard.

"You! How dare you come back!" I scowl at him.

"Now, now, calm down sweet cheeks..." he smirks making me tighten my fists in anger.

Suddenly, a commotion is caused behind us and a crowd begins to scream in terror. A man is driving his truck straight towards us, the wheels spinning out of control.

"Get back!" I yell at the others.

I bring out Wind Resistance, using my Stand to bring the car to a stop before it can hit us. Kakyoin sighs in relief from beside me, taking my hand as we look around for Hol Horse. He got away again.

I look over at everyone to make sure they're okay and luckily they are. That could have caused us some precious time if I didn't stop the car.

From beside us, Polnareff sneezes once again but this time, he sneezes all over Jotaro. My brother looks at him in fury, wiping his face in disgust.

"Is everyone okay?" Kakyoin asks, pulling me closer to him.

"I'm fine."

"All good!"

Thank god my quick thinking worked. Hopefully we don't have any more trouble.

Jotaro begins approaching a small kid who is holding a book. He looks to be the one who was working with Hol Horse.

My brother tells him not to get involved anymore and that he should move on and use his ability for good. But before the kid closes his book in his hands, I notice one of the pages looks a bit odd.

The cartoon drawing shows Jotaro with a huge fatal wound across one side of his face. I also see an illustration which looks like me. My face shows pain. Both physical and emotional, a tear falling from my eyes. It also seems like I have a huge fatal wound on my side.

I'm assuming that's what would have happened if I didn't stop the car from hitting us.

"Well now that we've sorted that, I think we should get going. We don't have much time left." Grandpa Joseph suggest as we move on with our search.

"Yes, I do believe you're right. Miss Holly's condition is worsening. We must find and defeat Dio within the next few days." Avdol says seriously.

For the rest of the day, we search the outskirts of Cairo, making our way towards the centre. We ask people if they have seen the building we are looking for but we always get the same answer.

"You know... I think we should take a break. It's getting late and we need to be well rested if we're going to be searching again tomorrow." Grandpa Joseph sighs in defeat.

"Yeah I agree. We can always split up and look tomorrow." Jotaro says.

We are lead to a small hotel where Grandpa Joseph gets us 3 rooms. He turns to Kakyoin and I, raising an eyebrow at us.

"Now you two better behave. I don't need any great grand children just yet." He smirks, pointing an accusatory finger at the both of us.

Kakyoin and I blush from embarrassment, nodding our heads in sync.

"Oh and before I forget...!" Grandpa Joseph pulls Kakyoin to the side, whispering something to him. They side glance at me with a smile and I can tell Grandpa Joseph is embarrassing Kakyoin.

By the end of the short conversation, Kakyoin nods and Grandpa Joseph pats him on the back with a smile of his own.

"So... what was that about? Was he giving you a hard time?" I laugh and he blushes a little bit more.

"No not really. He was just giving me... a talk. Nothing bad, don't worry." He smiles, taking my hand as we walk to our hotel room.

I have a feeling tonight will be the last night we get to spend alone time together before we have to fight Dio.

We unlock the room, throwing our things to the side. Kakyoin wraps his arms around my waist, falling back onto the bed. He pulls me on top of him with a wide smile which makes me laugh at his behaviour.

No words are exchanged as we just stare at each other with adoration. Kakyoin tucks a stay piece of my hair away and places a gentle hand on my cheek.

"Nori... if anything happens tomorrow, just please don't forget that I love you. If I die, I will continue to love you from beyond the grave." I say.

His eyes show sadness for a moment knowing that death could be right around the corner. But I refuse to let him die. And if I have to sacrifice myself to save him, so be it.

"Please don't say that Y/N. We're all gonna make it back alive. I love you. So, so much." He smiles, pulling me down to place a soft passionate kiss to my lips.

I feel him smiling which makes me smile too. The kiss turns into multiple, until we are both in a heated make out session, eventually leaving us a panting mess.

I smile, laying my head on Kakyoin's chest, listening to his beating heart.

I will protect you Kakyoin...

I promise.