Chapter 19

The first thing we do when we get to Varanasi is look for a hotel to stay at. It doesn't take long so when we arrive, Grandpa Joseph books us a few rooms and we leave to go explore the city for a few hours.

"Hey old man, you don't look so good." Jotaro looks at Grandpa Joseph with a blank expression.

"Yeah Gramps, are you feeling okay?" I asks quite concerned.

Grandpa Joseph shows us a weird looking infected growth on his arm and I wince looking at it. It does look quite painful.

"Hey, it looks like it has a face. Don't you think?" Polnareff teases with a smirk.

"Quit messing around Polnareff! That's creepy!" Grandpa Joseph shivers, moving his arm away.

Eventually, we manage to convince him to see a doctor and we all split up looking around the city. Polnareff seems to have wondered off with the girl who came along with us, leaving Kakyoin, Jotaro and I to go together.

"You know... Its sad that none of us got to say a proper goodbye to Avdol. He always wanted what was best for us." I frown, thinking about his sudden death.

Kakyoin and Jotaro look at each other, as if they know something I don't.

"Well... Avdol isn't exactly dead." Kakyoin says.

"How? I'm pretty sure I saw that bastards bullet hit him in the head!" I fold my arms, referring to the cowboy.

"The bullet grazed his head. We are just keeping it a secret from Polnareff because he can't keep his mouth shut." My brother tells me.

Well that does make sense. Sorry Polnareff but I kinda agree with my brother on this one.

"Fair enough. Honestly I wouldn't trust Polnareff not to spill secrets. Anyway, where do you guys want to go?" I ask, looking at the both of them.

"I'm going to get some rest back at the hotel. Do whatever you want." Jotaro shrugs, walking back towards the hotel.

So Kakyoin and I are just gonna have to find something to do. Honestly I have no idea what there is to do.

"So I was thinking... how about we go explore the market? I know it sounds boring but at least it will give us something to do whilst we wait for Mr Joestar." Kakyoin suggest.

"Yeah that sounds perfect." I smile at him and he returns one to me.

We walk off into the town to look at all the market stalls. People call out trying to sell things buy one particular stall catches my eye.

"Kakyoin look! I have some money which Grandpa Joseph gave me." I grab Kakyoin by his wrist and drag him along with me.

He laughs, allowing me to pull him over to the jewellery stall. I look at all the beautiful jewelry but my eye catches onto a beautiful necklace with my favorite flower on it.

"Woah its beautiful!" I exclaim looking at the necklace.

"Hey there young lady! Would you like to try it on?" The woman at the stall asks and I politely nod my head.

I gently take it from her hands as I try to place it around my neck. But I struggle to find the clasp, trying to find where to attach it.

"Here, let me help." Kakyoin takes the neckla from me gently, placing it around my neck and attaching the clasps.

"Thanks." I feel my face get warm but mainly out of embarrassment.

The woman at the stall holds up a mirror and I admire the necklace. In the reflection, I notice Kakyoin giving me another soft smile. But I can tell there is something else that's on his mind.

"It's beautiful! How much is it?" I ask the lady but she just gives a hearty chuckle.

"Oh dear, it seems as if this gentleman has just paid for it for you. What a fine couple you are." The lady says.

I feel a blush rise to my cheeks, my heartbeat speeding up. Now is not the time!

"O-oh we're not... together." I blush. Out of the corner of my eye, I swear I see Kakyoin's smile fade a little after my comment. He wonders off to the side a little, distracting himself.

"Well that's a shame dear. Maybe sometime in the future. I'm no fortune teller but I can tell you two would be perfect together." The lady says.

"Maybe... well, thank you so much for the beautiful necklace." I thank the lady, saying my goodbye as I walk back over to Kakyoin.

When I walk up to him, he looks down at me with a smile but it is a little different from before. Shit, I have to say something to lighten the mood.

"Thanks for buying me the necklace. You really didn't have to." I feel my chest become fuzzy again, the same feeling I felt before begins to take over.

"It's no problem Y/N. I could tell you liked it." He replies.

Without giving myself a moment to think, I throw my arms around him. I hear his heartbeat increase in pace as he wraps his arms around me.

This is the first time I've let another guy hug me. The only people I let hug me are my mother, Grandpa Joseph and occasionally Jotaro.

I place my head on his chest, completely forgetting that we are in the middle of the busy street.

"Oh my God!"

Kakyoin and I pull away from each other after hearing my Grandfather shouting from somewhere.

Guess he got himself into trouble again.