Chapter 55

"Oh shit! Ah!!!"

I scream as we fall into the void. I close my eyes as tight as possible waiting for an impact. But when I hit the floor, it feels kind of soft.

Sand?

"You! What the hell are you playing at?!" I scowl at the younger D'arby brother, having had enough of their games.

This place is weird. How is there an island in the middle of the ocean below the mansion? And what are all those game consoles for?

"Alright D'arby, I don't know what you expect is going to happen here but it's a 4 against 1 fight. You've already lost." Grandpa Joseph claims.

But if this brother is anything like the older, he wants to mess with us.

"Well, you see Mr Joestar, that's not exactly what I have planned." D'arby chuckles, walking over to a cabinet.

He opens up the cabinet with excitement, turning to see our reactions. He has a bunch of creepy dolls inside it. Some of them look like they're moving!

"These are the souls of my victims as a testament of my strength. Those who lose against me, loose their soul and become one of my many trophies. Isn't that right?" He smiles, messing with one of the dolls on the shelf who cries out.

"You're a psychopath!" I shout, wanting to kick his ass but I feel that there is a catch to this.

"Hmm... don't even try to fight me. I already have a partial grip on Jotaro's soul. Notice how he couldn't land a single hit earlier?" D'arby laughs.

Shit, he's right. So what do we do?

"Okay, well what do you want from us?" Grandpa Joseph asks, having had enough of his shit too.

"How about we play a game. You will take it in turns to play against me in a game of your choosing. Kakyoin... how about you go first?" D'arby gestures to one of the consoles.

Kakyoin narrows his eyes and steps foward but I grab his hand, pulling him back to us for a moment.

"Nori, be careful. He's untrustworthy. Jotaro, have Star Platinum check to make sure he doesn't cheat... just please win." I hug him, taking in his cherry scent.

"I'll try my best. All I'll say is that I've had a lot of experience playing videogames." He smiles, brushing my cheek before walking to sit by the console.

"Kakyoin... which game will you choose?" D'arby asks.

Kakyoin's eyes scan over the screen until his eyes land on some sort of racing game.

"Oh? F-Mega? Good choice." D'arby smiles.

They load up the game and pick their cars. Grandpa Joseph and I stand directly behind Kakyoin whilst Jotaro stands sort of to the side so Star Platinum can make sure D'arby doesn't cheat.

There is a tension between the two players as the games countdown begins. They rev their car engines at the starting line, awaiting the race.

When the countdown hits zero, they both begin speeding off, rapidly clicking the controllers buttons. D'arby somehow shoots ahead of Kakyoin, gaining a head start.

From the screens reflection, I see Kakyoin slightly smirk before aggressively hitting the controls. His car begins to spin, knocking D'arby across which now puts Kakyoin in the lead.

I feel my heart rate speed up as I listen to the two racers talk between themselves. Neither me, Jotaro or Grandpa Joseph dare interrupt them.

"Come on Nori..." I whisper and I see his face change to one of determination.

As both players reach the sixth corner of the track, they enter a dark tunnel. Kakyoin's car has less power due to knocking D'arby away so D'arby is the first to enter. But Kakyoin easily drives on the walls of the tunnel. But now, the screen is pitch black! How are they even gonna see?

The two players now show immense concentration, navigating the tunnel in darkness. Both have obviously played this game before a lot and know the ins and outs.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel and I begin to have hope. But that hope is ripped away from me when D'arby forces his car over the finish line.

"No! You cheated! You must have cheated!" I go to throw a punch at D'arby but Jotaro pulls me back, shaking his head.

"He didn't cheat." He says quietly.

"Of course I didn't. I'm all for a fair game. Now Kakyoin... your soul belongs to me." D'arby smirks, his Stand pulling Kakyoin's soul from his body just like what happened to me.

"Fuck no! No, there should be a rematch! Please!" I beg, tears welling up in my eyes as Kakyoin's body lays limp in the chair.

D'arby shakes his head, knowing there is nothing to be done. He taunts us with a new doll in his collection which looks like Kakyoin.

"I'm sorry but his soul now belongs to me. Unless you wish to play against me on his behalf?" He smirks.

"No. I'll go." Jotaro buts in, sitting down on the chair. He managed to beat his brother so he should have no issue with this bastard.

I gently pull Kakyoin from the chair, gently laying his lifeless body in my arms. I look down at him, his lifeless self reminding me of the vision I keep seeing. The one with the water tank and Dio.

I sit on the sand, stroking his hair in an attempt to calm myself. Jotaro decides on playing a baseball game but he honestly has no idea how to play video games.

Lets just hope he manages to defeat this D'arby too.