Chapter 41

It seems that Jotaro and I both had similar plans. Must be the Kujo blood we share.

Star Platinum begins to rapidly punch the Stand's teeth as Wind Resistance uses her ability to help pry the tooth open.

"Ora! Ora! Ora! Ora! Ora!"

"Avi! Avi! Aviiiiii!"

"Hurry up! Let's get out of here!" I yell to the others as they hurry out of the Stand's mouth.

Jotaro uses Star Platinum to break the rest of the Stand's teeth. Oh I bet that isn't gonna be nice for its user.

It doesn't take us long to surface, each of us staggering towards land as we take off our scuba diving gear.

Within a second, Kakyoin runs over to me, wrapping his arms around me and lays his head on top of mine.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He sighs.

The same fuzzy feeling as before enters my chest, my cheeks heating up slightly.

Finally. We made it to Egypt.

Polnareff wonders over to the unconscious female Stand user before flailing his arms and crying out. Star Platinum did a number on her Stand so god knows what she looks like.

"Well, we've finally made it to Egypt."

"It only takes twenty hours on a plane... but it took us thirty days to get here."

"We've been to a lot of places on the way too... inside a brain... inside our dreams..." Kakyoin adds which makes me laugh at the memory of the stupid baby.

"Dreams? What are you talking about Kakyoin?"

"Oh right... they don't remember." Kakyoin quietly comments only for me to hear.

The six of us stand together watching the sun rise in the distance. I can't believe we finally made it. It might have taken longer than it should, but at least we all got a lot closer along the way.

"What now Grandpa Joseph? Where should we go from here?" I ask.

"We should head straight towards the nearest town. We have got get a few things and we have a phone call to make." Grandpa Joseph replies.

We? Who wants to talk to me?

"Old man, what about your hand?" Jotaro asks.

"Don't worry about that, I'll get it fixed in no time." He laughs.

The six of us behind our journey to get to the nearest small town. The desert it hot but not half as bad as when we had to fight a literal sun.

Once we arrive at a small town, we look around, observing everything. Everything seems normal. Maybe we can even take a break here.

"Mr Joestar, I think we should rest up here for a while." Avdol, I like the way you're thinking.

"Oui! I agree. I'm exhausted and none of us slept last night." Polnareff adds on.

Grandpa Joseph agrees, booking us into a hotel. As per usual, Grandpa Joseph and Avdol share a room. I am about to suggest that I stay with Kakyoin but Jotaro already speaks up.

Why do I have a feeling that he knows about us?

"Come on Polnareff, looks like you'll have to put up with me tonight!" I laugh, taking the keys as we walk up to our room.

We place our things down on the beds and I wash my face with water before walking over to the open window.

"So... you going to tell me what is going on ma cherie?" Polnareff smirks.

"What do you mean?" I play dumb. He might believe me.

"I'm not as stupid as you think Y/N. You're always holding onto that necklace you have around your neck and I see the way you and Kakyoin look at each other. I promise I won't say anything. You have my word." Polnareff promises.

I never even realised I'm always holding the necklace! Do I trust Polnareff not to say anything? Actually, this time... I do.

"Pol, I'm gonna be honest with you. Just, please don't say anything to anyone else." I ask of him.

"Non! Non! Non! Of course not!"

"Good. Now, I'm not really sure how it started but I ended up developing... feelings for Nori. When I realized he felt the same, things changed a little bit. We almost kissed at one of the hotels but you interrupted us... Anyway, the other day when we were on the island, Nori and I did sort of... kiss." I blush madly. I honestly can't believe I'm telling him this.

Polnareff just stares in shock but then his face turns to a look of excitement.

"C'est incroyable! I'm happy for you!" He pulls me in for a hug. When he pulls away, he looks at me with a serious expression.

"Now let me be honest with you... ever since I... lost Sherry, I didn't think I'd be able to see things the same way. I didn't think I could love someone as much as I loved my sister. But you remind me of her, Y/N." He confesses.

What does he mean by that?

"Pol, what are you trying to say?" I ask.

"What I'm trying to say is... merde... I... Y/N I love you like the way I loved Sherry." He admits.

Oh wow. Now I really didn't see this coming. What should I say? Sometimes I'm not good with words but... sometimes, actions speak louder than words.

I wrap my arms around him, bringing him for a bear hug. He looks like he could cry any moment.

Times like these are what makes our journey special. We might deal with a bunch of horrible shit on the way. But no matter what anyone says...

We'll always love each other.