Chapter 62

Beep

Beep

Beep

"She's waking up."

I slowly open my eyes to the monotone sound of the heart rate monitor. Light shines into my eyes which makes me close them again.

"Good morning Miss Kujo. You've been asleep for a while now. We managed to fix up your wounds but unfortunately, you did suffer an extreme injury. We did however do our best. I'm sorry Miss." One of the Speedwagon Foundation nurses gestures to my hand.

I notice a metal hand on my left arm, remembering how Dio cut it off during the fight.

"Oh..." I frown, staring at the mechanical hand.

What if Kakyoin doesn't like me anymore? What if he doesn't want to be with me because I hurt him?

"Miss Kujo, you have visitors. Should I send them in?" The nurse kindly asks and I nod my head, sitting up in the bed.

I wait for a moment as the nurse leaves the room. She closes the door behind her and I'm left on my own. The soft wind is blowing outside the window, tree branches hitting the glass.

The door is opened and the nurse steps inside. I hide my hand under the medical bed sheets as Kakyoin, Jotaro, Grandpa Joseph and Polnareff all enter the room.

Polnareff gives me a huge warm smile, instantly coming over to hug me.

"You gave us quite the scare Y/N." Grandpa Joseph smiles and sits in the chair beside my bed. He obviously remembers what happened after we died for a brief moment but chooses not to mention it.

"Good grief..." Jotaro huffs, pushing Polnareff out of the way so he can see me.

He checks over my wounds to see that they have all been healed, a soft but small smile making it's way onto his face.

"Y/N...?"

I look to my other side, Jotaro standing next to Grandpa Joseph as Kakyoin walks up to me slowly.

No words are exchanged apart from the other 3 leaving the room to give us time to talk. I'm scared to even open my mouth in case I say the wrong thing.

Suddenly, Kakyoin bursts into tears, wrapping his arms around me carefully so he won't hurt me. I stiffen up at first but I eventually relax, wrapping my right arm around him. What will he say about my robotic hand?

"I-I thought I lost you. When... when I saw you on that stretcher back in Cairo- oh god... Y/N I saw your lifeless body. You died. It's amazing how they brought you back but... seeing you like that..." he sobs before pulling away from me.

I look up at him, wiping away his tears as he sniffles.

This is it. He's gonna tell me it's too dangerous for us to be together.

"Nori... I'm so sorry." I frown, looking down at my lap. Kakyoin places a gentle finger under my chin, lifting my head so I am looking at him.

"Don't be. But after seeing you like that, it made me realise something." He tells me.

"And what is that?" I ask.

This is it. He's about to tell me he doesn't want to be together anymore.

"I'm never leaving your side ever again."

I feel my heart explode. So... he doesn't hate me for everything that happened? I almost killed him yet, he has forgiven me?

"Nori, I almost killed you... I was reckless. I even lost my left hand Nori. I was stupid to think I could take Dio on alone." I frown.

He looks down at me with a soft smile, shaking his head.

"Show me your hand Y/N."

I widen my eyes at his request, pulling the sheets up higher over my fake hand.

"But I-"

"Please Y/N... I love you no matter what you look like. You're still the same Y/N to me." Kakyoin smiles.

I let out a shaky breath, removing my hand from the covers. Kakyoin's eyes widen at the sight of my metal hand but he says nothing. Instead, he laces his fingers with my prosthetic left hand, holding it.

"See? You're still as beautiful as ever. This is just... proof that you're a fighter. Your my fighter." He smiles.

I instantly pull him towards me, placing my lips on his. He leans over the side of the bed, placing his delicate hands on my face, deepening the kiss.

"Miss Y/N, you're- oh. Am I interrupting something?" The nurse walks into the room, giggling at mine and Kakyoin's current situation.

Instantly, we pull away with blushing faces, Kakyoin straightening out his uniform.

"No! No... it's okay. Go ahead." I clear my throat.

"Miss Y/N, you're free to go. We've assessed your condition and you're being dismissed. Just take it easy for the next week." The nurse smiles.

I nod my head, thanking her as she leaves the room. Kakyoin helps me out of the bed, wrapping his arm around my waist for support.

We walk into the reception where the others are waiting. Grandpa Joseph stands up with a smile, raising his metallic hand.

"You're just like your old man, Y/N. It seems we both have matching hands." He smiles, moving his metal fingers around.

I do the same and we both laugh.

"Shall we get going?" Polnareff suggests and we nod.

The five of us get into a car, Grandpa Joseph driving us towards the airport where we will be parting ways.

But I do have a feeling this won't be the last time we see each other.

Avdol... Iggy...

May the two of you rest in peace.

We will never forget you.