Chapter 42

After a long day and night of rest, the sun comes up to bring us a new day.

"Wakey wakey ma cherie!" Polnareff exclaims from across the room.

I rub my eyes, getting up. I have a shower and get ready for the day. Once I've packed my things, I turn to Polnareff who is stood by the door.

"If you take any longer, I'll tell everyone about you and Ka-"

"You wouldn't dare!" I exclaim, chasing after him. He screams, running out of the room with his bag.

I chase him out of the room, running after him all the way to the lobby. He hides behind Avdol who laughs at our childish behavior.

"Mr Joestar! Y/N is threatening me!" Polnareff exclaims dramatically.

"Why you little shi-"

"Now, now you two. Y/N, you're coming with me and Jotaro to make a phone call. Polnareff, you're going with Avdol and Kakyoin to pick something up for us." Grandpa Joseph smirks.

I feel like I should be worried but at the same time, I'm actually excited. He leads Jotaro and I to a public telephone, dialling a number. He talks to the person on the other end for a moment before looking at me.

"Yeah she's here... I'll put her on." He hands me the telephone. I take it from him, lifting it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Oh my goodness! Y/N it's so good to hear your voice!"

Instantly, I feel like I could cry happy tears. My lips turn upwards in a huge smile hearing the voice.

"Granny Suzie! How are you?" I ask, not having spoken to her in a while.

"I'm very well dear. It's nice to hear that you're working with your Grandfather. Speaking of, what exactly is it you're doing? He never really told me." She asks.

Grandpa Joseph never told her what's happening to my mother. I mean... it's probably for the best. We don't want to worry her.

"Oh just a few little jobs. Nothing much really." I smile.

"That's nice sweetie. When will you next be visiting then? It's been a while since I've seen you in person. I want to see how much you've grown." Granny Suzie laughs.

"Well, hopefully soon. I can even see if Jotaro will come along too." I smirk at my brother who looks at me in confusion.

"Oh that would be lovely dear! Speaking of Jotaro, is he there?"

"Yeah he's here. I'll put him on the line. It's been lovely to speak to you Granny Suzie!" I exclaim before saying my goodbye to her, handing the phone to Jotaro.

I sigh, thinking about all the things that have happened in the past. We used to have so much fun as kids. It just seems like we've been forced to grow up too quickly.

"Cheer up kiddo. Don't look so down in the dumps. We have a crusade to finish." Grandpa Joseph ruffles my hair as Jotaro finishes up his conversation with Granny Suzie.

A loud car horn pulls our attention to the others who are sat in a weird off road vehicle.

"Hey guys! We got the car you asked for!" Kakyoin hollers with a smile.

"That is so cool!" I exclaim, rushing over to the vehicle, sitting next to Kakyoin in the back with the open roof.

"Is everyone ready?" Polnareff asks.

We all nod as he begins to drive away from the city and into the Arabian desert. There is a slight breeze blowing past us from being sat where the open roof is.

I notice Kakyoin already looking at me with a soft smile, his cute red tendril also being blown by the wind. I carefully reach out my hand, lacing my fingers with his.

I turn back to face the front only to catch a glimpse of Polnareff looking in the rear view mirror with a smile. He must have seen the interaction between Kakyoin and I.

"Where are we heading anyway?" I ask.

"We're going to pick up someone vital to our trip. He's a... helper of sorts." Grandpa Joseph replies.

I'm assuming that he is another Stand user. Hopefully he's nice. I don't think I could deal with a dickhead on our team.

"How long now?" Jotaro asks like an inpatient little kid.

"We shouldn't be too long. If we keep heading the way we're going, it should take us about another twenty minutes or so." Avdol answers.

The next 20 minutes go by surprisingly quickly. Polnareff tries to get us all to play 'I spy' but there is literally nothing but sand.

"Here! These are our co-ordinates." Grandpa Joseph says, getting Polnareff to stop the car.

"Huh? There's nothing here. Are you sure we're in the right place Mr Joestar?" Kakyoin asks beside me.

Grandpa Joseph nods and we all get out of the vehicle. I sit on top of the car swinging my legs as Kakyoin stands next to me, leaning on the car.

"Wait... do you guys here that or have I finally lost my mind?" I ask, hearing a slight whirring sound in the distance.

"If you're hearing it too then I must also be going insane." Polnareff says.

Moments later, I see a helicopter fly over the Egyptian desert, making it's way towards us. It gets closer and closer.

"Are we getting to Cairo in a helicopter?" Kakyoin asks but Grandpa Joseph shakes his head.

If we aren't getting in the helicopter, then the helicopter must be bringing someone to us. Man, if the Speedwagon Foundation are bringing this new ally to us in the middle of the desert, they must be important.

I wonder who he is?