Chapter 70

About a week has passed and we are finally back to working at the Speedwagon Foundation.

"Y/N? Darling are you ready?" Kakyoin calls out to me but I'm too busy laying in bed feeling sick.

"No... Nori, I think I'm sick." I groan, turning over in bed.

Noriaki rushes into the room to see me curled up in bed with a frown on my face. He sits down beside me and places a hand on my forehead.

"You're burning up. Should I call a doctor?" He asks.

I open my mouth to answer but I feel a wave of nausea hit me out of nowhere. I practically jump out of bed and run towards the bathroom, emptying the contents of my stomach into the toilet.

"Y/N! Are you alright?!" Kakyoin rushes into the room, holding my hair away and rubbing my back gently.

"I-I think so. Don't worry about me. I feel a bit better now. Let's just get ready for work." I brush my teeth to get rid of the awful taste.

We both get ready for work but from the corner of my eye I can see Kakyoin looking at me with worry. It's only a little sickness. I'll be over it soon enough.

"The car's here Nori. Let's go." I smile, grabbing my things as we head outside. We get into the car and the driver takes us to the Speedwagon Foundation HQ in Japan. It's conveniently close which is a bonus for us.

Once we enter the building, other workers nod their heads at us as we pass. Kakyoin and I have become quite well known within the Speedwagon Foundation after all.

"Mr Kakyoin, Miss Kujo. Mr Polnareff is waiting on call for you two to arrive." One of the workers tells us.

We thank him, entering the office where Polnareff is waiting for us on the large screen.

"Bonjour you two! How's it going?" Polnareff gives us a wide smile just as always.

"Good. I'm a little sick today but I'll manage. Have you found anything else about the arrows?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Not yet ma cherie. I do have a suggestion though." Polnareff pauses.

Noriaki and I look at each other with questioning glances. When we look back to Polnareff on the screen, we see that his usually happy face has changed to one of seriousness.

"What is it Polnareff?" Kakyoin asks.

"I have a theory. I feel like we should go back to Cairo. Back to Dio's mansion. Y/N, you said you found an arrow there right?" Polnareff asks.

I nod my head in agreement. My chest begins to tighten as I think back to being in the mansion. Nothing good ever happened there.

"Pol, what are you getting at?" I ask with a shaky voice.

"If you found the arrow in his mansion before, there may be more still laying around. I feel like we should go back."

My blood runs cold at his suggestion.

Go back? There's no way we can go back after what happened to us.

"No. No we can't go back. Surely there's nothing left, right?" I ask, hoping the two will agree with me.

"As much as I'd love to agree with you Y/N, Polnareff is right. Dio must have hidden a few arrows in his mansion. He's dead so he can't hurt us if we go back." Kakyoin places a gentle and reassuring hand on my shoulder.

Fear begins to resonate within my chest, all the awful memories coming back. If there is anything left, someone must have taken it already.

But I suppose... it can't hurt to check. After all, Dio is dead. He can't exactly hurt us now.

"Fine. When are we leaving?"

"We should leave as soon as we can. Can you guys be free in a weeks time?" Polnareff asks and we both nod.

At least this will give us a week to prepare for anything we could face.

"Good. I'll ask Jotaro to come along as well. That way, we can split up into pairs to cover more ground." Polnareff says.

"Okay. It's settled then. We head off to Cairo in a week." Kakyoin nods.

After a few moments of saying goodbye, Kakyoin ends the call and we leave the room. This whole situation is making me feel uneasy. Or maybe it's just the fact that I'm feeling unwell. I'm not too sure.

"You okay Y/N? You look a bit pale." Kakyoin stops me and places a hand on my arm.

"I'm okay Nori. I don't really know what's wrong with me if I'm gonna be honest. Just the whole situation is making me feel... weird. It feels like our journey to Cairo all over again." I feel queasy, shivers sent down my spine.

Kakyoin pulls me into his chest, gently caressing my hair. People walk past giving us awkward and sad glances so I bury my head into Kakyoin's chest.

"You're alright Y/N. I've got you. You're safe with me."

I sigh, relaxing my body at the thought. Nori will always be by my side no matter what. We've saved each other countless times so what's another trip to Egypt going to do?

We spend the rest of the day gathering information from the head office. There have been many speculations and theories about the Stand arrows but nothing has fully been proven correct.

This is why we took the job.

We managed to take down an over 100 year old vampire with an extremely strong Stand ability.

What's a little trip to find some stupid arrows compared to that?