Chapter 10

Once we are on board the huge boat, Grandpa Joseph talks to Captain Tennille about the crew. The Speedwagon Foundation made sure to check the captain and crew before recommending this boat across the sea.

"So we're heading towards Singapore huh? Are you sure this is safe?" I ask, leaning against the side barrier of the boat.

Jotaro and Kakyoin are sunbathing in their uniforms on a sun lounger just beside me.

"Of course! I had everything checked before we came here. Say, why are you two sunbathing in your uniforms?" Grandpa Joseph asks the other two students.

Kakyoin sits up slightly to face my Grandfather, a small smile on his face.

"We are students so we should act as such." He replies.

I look down at my own clothing. But... I'm not in my uniform. I'd hate to be in my uniform.

"God you students are such stiffs! Y/N here isn't in her uniform!" Gramps argues back, pointing at me.

Everyone turns to me but I just shrug.

"Hey! What are you doing?! Get off me! Hey, let me go!" We all turn our attention to the commotion coming from across the deck.

One of the crew members has hold of a little boy who is struggling to get out of the mans grip.

"You're the stowaway! I should punish you by locking you below deck!" The crew member taunts the boy.

Suddenly, the little boy attacks the crew member, causing him to let go. The child jumps off the side of the boat which causes us all to rise in panic.

"Hey little boy! It's not safe! Come back!"

We peer over the edge as the boy begins a long swim back to shore. Surely he can't make it all that way.

As I look closely at the water, I see something moving. Something with a tail and fins.

"A shark!" I point out to the others. They all gasp in sync as we watch the shark swim closer to the poor boy.

We have to do something. I have an idea but I don't know if it's gonna work. Fuck it. Better to try than watch the little boy die.

Without warning, I jump from the side of the boat, summoning Wind Resistance.

"Y/N!!!"

I use my Stand to push the wind up towards me, breaking my fall. I feel the water beneath my feet as the air allows me to stay on top of it, as if I'm walking on the water.

I begin to feel the wind pushing me foward and I balance as if I'm surfing on the water. Only, there is no surfboard. Cool!

"Y/N you're gonna get yourself killed!" I hear Grandpa Joseph call out in panic.

A split second later, Jotaro's Stand punches the shark out of the water, beating it until it is no longer alive. With the shark gone, I grab the little boy, still staying on top of the water as I use Wind Resistance to turn us back around to the boat.

The childs hat flies off from the wind and reveals the kids long hair and slightly feminine features. Huh, she's a girl.

"What?! How the- who are you?!" The girl asks.

"It doesn't matter. Now I'm gonna throw you up okay?" I tell her.

She tries to disagree but before I get the chance to, I throw her into the air, using Wind Resistance to hoist her onto the deck. But as I focus my energy on her, I forget about myself.

I feel the water surround me as I plunge into the ocean.

Fuck.

I hear shouting from above the water so I begin swimming back up to see what all the commotion is about.

"Y/N behind you! Heirophant Green!" Kakyoin releases his Stand and grips onto my waist, pulling me out of the water.

I look below me to see the shadow of some weird sea creature.

Once I'm placed back on deck, I shiver, the salt water from the ocean dripping from my body.

"Good grief... you could have gotten yourself killed." My brother rolls his eyes but I can tell he is relieved.

"You alright?" Avdol asks and I nod.

"That was quite the stunt you pulled ma cherie!" Polnareff exclaims. Really? Again with that nickname?

"You're an idiot! How could you risk your life like that? That was dangerous Y/N!" I look to see Grandpa Joseph with a strange look on his face.

I back away, scared what he might do. Shit I should have known being reckless would have pissed him off.

Before I can get further away, I feel Grandpa Joseph wrap his arms around me, engulfing me in a hug.

"What you did was careless but you saved that little girls life. You're becoming a strong young lady just like your mother... I'm proud of you." He finishes, letting me go.

If everyone wasn't watching and we weren't in a situation such as ours now, I think I would have cried at Grandpa Joseph's words.

"Thank you Gramps." I smile.

Before Wind Resistance disappears, she blows the wind towards me, drying all my clothes and hair for me.

"Y/N that was incredibly brave of you. How did you know to do any of that?" Kakyoin places a gentle hand on my shoulder with a smile.

For some reason, my chest begins to feel strange but I brush it off. Maybe it's just a little bit of nausea from being at sea. Or maybe it's due to all this adrenaline. Yeah. Maybe that's it!

"Thanks. Honestly I had no idea if it would work. I just wanted to be useful and save that kid." I simply say, brushing it off as it it's nothing.

But if I'm completely honest, I thought it was cool.