Chapter 8

"Damn, I can't believe I missed out on all the action back there. I would have loved to see your Stand in action Kakyoin!" I smile at him, acting as if we all weren't just saved from a plane crash.

"Hey! Stay focused Y/N! We have one mission which is to get to Egypt and find Dio. We landed just beside Hong Kong. We are currently about 8,292 miles away from Egypt." My Grandfather explains to all of us.

"If we didn't crash, we would have almost been arriving in Egypt. That rescue team took way too long." Jotaro complains.

I sigh, looking at my surroundings. Hong Kong looks quite beautiful. It's a shame we won't be staying here for long.

"Hey young lady! Wanna try some hot cola?" A vendor asks me but I politely decline as he tries to get the rest of the group to try it.

Kakyoin says he will try the dried porridge or whatever it's called, explaining that it's a delicacy. At least that's what I got from the conversation. If I'm being honest, I'm not really paying attention.

"Hey! None of that hot cola crap! We're going to a restaurant which is owned by a friend. I've been there every time I visit Hong Kong. Come on you're gonna love it!" Grandpa Joseph leads us all to a cute little restaurant.

It looks quite empty and small but inviting nonetheless.

I pick up one of the menus on the table, attempting to read it. However, I have no idea what anything is or says.

"Excuse me Monsieur, would you mind helping me read this menu? I'm a French tourist and I'm having some trouble understanding what everything is." A man walks up to our table.

He has odd sliver hair which seems to stand up on it's own. A smile is plastered on his face as he talks to Grandpa Joseph.

Can we really trust him?

"Piss off! You're annoying." Jotaro speaks up, telling the French man to get lost.

"Now now Jotaro don't be like that. Please, why don't you join us?" Grandpa Joseph offers the stranger to take the empty seat at our table.

But I still don't trust him and unfortunately, the empty seat is next to mine.

The strange man sits down next to me as Joseph orders our food for us. On my other side, Kakyoin opens the top of the small teapot and I see Jotaro tense up.

"Calm down, I'm not doing anything suspicious. In Hong Kong, if you do this, the waitress knows you want more tea." Kakyoin tells us.

Right on cue, the waitress walks over and refills our tea.

"Then, if you tap the table twice, it's a sign to say thank you." He finishes, giving us a demonstration.

The waitress smiles before walking away.

"How do you know all of this Kakyoin?" I ask him as he turns to me with a small laugh.

"I guess you could say I've done my fair share of travelling." He responds with a slight blush on his cheeks.

Shortly after the food arrives, we all sit in silence as we stare at the... questionable looking food.

"Come on everyone, dig in! It's not as bad as it looks."

I try a few different things, being cautious just in case I hate the taste. But surprisingly, all the food tastes amazing!

"I guess you were right Grandpa Joseph. This food is amazing!" I laugh.

"Oui! I agree. Every little detail is magnificent! Take this for example," the mysterious French man holds up one of the carrots shaped like a perfectly cut star.

"This reminds me of something. It looks like a star which is on the back of someone I know." He finishes.

We all gasp, knowing who he is referring to.

Dio.

"I knew you were an enemy! Wind Resistance!" I call for my Stand, sending the man flying backwards into a table.

"Oh you hurt me with your words ma cherie. My name is Jean Pierre Polnareff!" The man stands up with a proud look on his face.

Avdol walks over to him, bringing out his Stand. Polnareff's Stand somehow dodges Avdol's attack and the next thing I see is a clock on a table made out of fire.

"You have until the clock strikes 12. Then, you will be dead." Polnareff announces and my eyes widen.

"Jeez, you're really over the top." I tell him with a smirk on my face.

I feel someone smack the back of my head, sending me jolting foward slightly.

"Ow! What was that for?" I complain, looking at Grandpa Joseph who gives me a weird indecipherable look.

Soon enough, Polnareff leads us outside of the restaurant requesting to fight us all one by one. Starting with Avdol. I can't deny that I'm slightly worried for the Egyptian man but I do know he is extremely powerful.

"Avdol will be okay." Kakyoin walks up beside me.

"How- how did you know...? What?" I stammer, confused at how he knows what I'm thinking.

"I can't tell by the look in your eye. You care about people a lot Y/N. It's pretty obvious that you're worried Avdol might get hurt." He replies.

Yeah. He's right. Sometimes I think I care too much. Jotaro always tells me that caring to much will lead me into some bad fate. They aren't his exact words but that's close enough.

"Yeah... you're right. I am worried. I'm worried for all of us. But I believe that, as a team, we can work together and stop Dio." I smile.

I stand proudly as if we are in some sort of heroic tv show.

Kakyoin laughs a little bit again just before we make it to where Polnareff had been leading us.

Oh Polnareff... Avdol is gonna kick your ass.