Chapter 15

I knock on the hotel room door, greeted by my grandfather.

"Oh! Jotaro was just looking for you! He said he, Kakyoin and Anne are going into town." Grandpa Joseph tells me.

I sigh, kind of pissed that they went without me.

"Oh... well I guess I could go chill around the hotel for a bit. Hopefully I don't run into any trouble as usual. Thanks gramps!" I walk away, hearing him chuckle.

Aimlessly, I wonder around the hotel looking for something to do. I see a sign for the outdoor pool are and I'm immediately intrigued.

I guess a bit of sunbathing can't go a miss. Even if I am in my normal clothes. It's better than being bored inside with nothing to do.

I smile to myself, wondering outside. However, I don't expect to see Kakyoin already laying on a sun lounger.

I laugh to myself at the fact that he's still in his uniform. Isn't it too hot out here for that?

"Hey Kakyoin. Do you mind if I sit here?" I ask, pointing to the empty lounger next to his.

"Not at all! It's all yours." He smiles softly.

Finally a bit of peace and quiet away from all the hastle. I let out a content sigh, letting the sun shine down on my face.

"So... how come you didn't go into town with Jotaro?" I ask, still facing the sky.

"Well I fully intended to but when I arrived back in the lobby after getting my things, he was already gone." He replies.

Thats odd. I thought my Grandpa said he left with them?

"Oh. I guess he couldn't wait then. My brother has always had a lack of patience." I laugh.

"Yeah about that... I don't mean to pry Y/N, but I can't understand how you and Jotaro are so different." Kakyoin says.

I stiffen slightly, bit really wanting to talk about this. But then again, we are both alone so what's the harm in getting to know each other a bit more?

"Well... the truth is, he wasn't always the way he is now. He used to laugh and joke around a lot. We were a happy family. Me, Jotaro, our mother... our father..." I trail off at the thought of him.

"I'm sorry... If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to." Kakyoin glances at me and I look back at him.

I can tell by the look in his violet eyes that he feels bad. But this isn't his fault. Nothing is his fault.

"No, no it's okay. Our father isn't around much anymore. He's a musician so he is always on tour. We barely see him anymore. It took a toll on all of us but it mainly affected my brother. Ever since our father left, he became... cold." I finish.

There is a comfortable silence that washes over the both of us as we bask in the sun. Gently, my hand is taken into another and I glance over at Kakyoin who is now sat up, my hand in his.

"I'm here for you if you ever need anything. No matter what it is or what time it is, I'm here for you. I'll always be here for you." Kakyoin gives my hand a gentle, reassuring squeeze.

My chest flutters at his words and gesture, his smile now reflecting mine.

"Thank you... I'll always be here for you too. I'm sure on this trip to Egypt, we're gonna have no choice but to be there for each other." I laugh to try and lighten the situation.

For the next half an hour, we talk among ourselves, chatting about anything and everything.

"Right, I don't mean to be rude or interrupt our lovely chat but I think I'm gonna head up to see my Grandpa and Avdol. I wanna see if Jotaro is back yet." I turn to Kakyoin who is also standing up.

"I'll come too. I've been out in the sun long enough."

We head back up to my Grandfather's room, knocking on the door. I hear Avdol telling us to come in from the other side.

"Where the hell have you been?" Grandpa Joseph asks us which confuses me a bit at how distressed he is.

"Gramps, you knew where I was. What are you-"

"Not you! Kakyoin! Where have you been?" He asks, cutting me off before I could finish.

Weird.

"I was out sunbathing by the pool." Kakyoin answers coolly.

"With your school uniform on?!"

"Yes, why not?"

I laugh at the situation but I'm drawn back to the seriousness of it all when Grandpa Joseph picks up a phone and holds it to his ear.

"We have the real Kakyoin here. Just stay put!" He exclaims, slamming down the phone and turning to face us.

"What the hell is going on? The real Kakyoin? Have you lost your mind Gramps?" I ask seriously.

"Your brother has found himself fighting an enemy Stand user by himself. Yellow Temperance is its name." He informs.

Well fuck... here we go again.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. This is Jotaro we are talking about after all. Oh! I almost forgot. Where's Polnareff? I haven't seen him around." I question.

All three of them look at each other then Avdol and Kakyoin look at Grandpa Joseph.

"He also got caught up with an enemy. The Speedwagon Foundation are getting him free from the police station as we speak." He says.

Well shit. Today isn't exactly going well. After this entire trip is over, we're gonna need a well deserved break.