Chapter 32

We steadily make our way out of the Cessnas wreckage, grabbing what supplies we have left.

"Kakyoin! How could you be so reckless!" Grandpa Joseph backs Kakyoin into a corner, blaming everything on him.

"Grandpa Joseph it's not his fault! He wasn't even conscious when it all happened." I rush over to stand in front of Kakyoin, defending him against all accusations.

"Ugh whatever. We need to send out a signal but help probably won't be here until tomorrow morning. We'll set up a camp here for tonight." Grandpa Joseph walks away.

I turn to Kakyoin who looks compl spaced out. He looks scared.

"Hey Nori, look at me. I've got your back. Okay? No matter what." I smile but all he can offer back is a small nod.

I know something is off but I can't figure out what. I shrug it off, walking over to the others whilst helping them set up a camp.

The day goes by pretty quickly filled with small talk and such but I can't help but notice Kakyoin staying on his own most of the day.

"Guys, don't you think you were all a little harsh on Noriaki? We've all been through a lot so he doesn't deserve any of this." I frown, looking over at the red head.

"I suppose we have. Hey Kakyoin, wanna come join us?!" Polnareff exclaims but Kakyoin just shakes his head.

Jotaro looks from me to Kakyoin, then back to me. There is a look in his eyes that suggests he knows something but he chooses to keep quiet.

"Fine. Whilst you make baby food, I'm gonna take some food over to Noriaki. You could all at least show him some kindness... I'm disappointed in you all..." I shake my head, taking some of our soup to Kakyoin.

I sit down beside him on the log he is sat on, gently taking his hands and placing the bowl in them.

"Please eat something. I promise I'll help figure out what's goi- what the fuck?" I stop mid sense.

The baby we brought with us seemed to be smirking at us, its sharp teeth and almost condescending eyes looking our way before turning to face the other direction.

"You saw it too, didn't you? That baby isn't just a normal baby." Kakyoin says.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I think the baby is the Stand user. I've been having dreams- no, nightmares ever since that baby has been here. When I wake up, I can't remember what happened." Kakyoin sighs, slightly covering his arm.

"Yeah... yeah you're right. I feel like I've also been having nightmares recently but I can't remember what they were about... Anyway, what's wrong with your arm?" I ask him, not wanting to force him into telling me.

Kakyoin slightly moves his arm away from me and stiffens up. He still refuses to make eye contact with me so I gently place my hand on the side of his face so he looks at me.

I rub my thumb over the soft skin of his cheek, my heart feeling like it's about to explode. We make eye contact, neither of us looking away anytime soon.

"A-after I woke up, I had a wound on my arm. I think... I think I was trying to warn everyone in my nightmare. Just, please... don't call me crazy." He looks directly into my eyes and I nod.

I move my hand from his cheek so he can look down to roll up his sleeve. I gasp as an awful wound is carved into his arm.

BABY STAND

"Nori... I-"

"You think I'm crazy? Y/N please, I didn't do this to myself." Kakyoin practically begs.

"I know. Nori, I know... When we were on the Cessna, you were thrashing around in your sleep so I tried to wake you up. I saw some blood appear underneath your sleeve but I didn't think much of it at the time. Like you said, this was a warning to yourself. To all of us." I finish.

Kakyoin let's out a breath, looking relieved. He then wraps his arms around me so I leant head against his chest, hugging him back.

"Thank you for believing in me Y/N." He whispers.

"I'll always believe in you Noriaki." I smile, knowing that he's a little bit happier than before.

We stay in our warm embrace for a while until I manage to look to the side slightly, seeing my brother giving Kakyoin and I a death glare.

"Right... we have to figure out a way to get the others to listen. You can't just show them your arm because they'll think you've gone insane." I pull away from the hug, missing the warmth.

"Yeah... how are we gonna prove that the baby is the Stand user?" He asks as more of a rhe question.

I look over at the baby as it pulls out a pin, stabbing a scor with it. The baby stabbed the scorpion?!

"Nori, please tell me you saw that! Where did it put the scorpion? We can use that as evidence! Normal babies don't just attack dangerous creatures like that!" I rush over to the baby as Kakyoin follows me.

He picks the baby straight up, holding it away from us in the air.

"We know you're the Stand user! Where did you hide that scorpion?! Where is it?!" Kakyoin yells at the baby but then I see Grandpa Joseph walking over to us with a scowl on his face.

"Kakyoin! Y/N! What the hell are you both playing at! Don't be so rough with the baby! What is wrong with you both?" He scolds, taking the baby away from Kakyoin, placing him back in the basket.

We have to figure out a way to prove the baby is the Stand user. And quick.