Chapter 33

"Y/N we need to talk to you for a second." Grandpa Joseph pulls me away from Kakyoin and towards the others.

He sits me down next to the fire but no one says anything creating an awkward silence.

"Well? You gonna tell me why I'm here?" I fold my arms.

"Y/N, Kakyoin is loosing his mind."

I whip my head to face Jotaro, giving him a death glare. Out of everyone, he should not be the one to make accusations like that.

"How could you say that? Noriaki is one of us. He's helped us a whole lot on this journey. He's always been right before so why don't you believe him now?" I ask.

"Because a baby being a Stand user? That's absolutely ridiculous!" Grandpa Joseph exclaims.

I look over at Kakyoin who must have heard as he looks like he's debating something. No... he's rolling up his sleeve. If he shows them his wound, they will leave him behind!

"Grandpa Joseph it's a possibility we can't rule out! We fought against Strength who was a god damn Orangutan! I've seen the way that baby looks at us with its sharp teeth and evil eyes! Just... you know what? Forget it." I stand up and turn around to walk away when I hear them talking.

"She's lost her mind too." Polnareff sighs. I stop, turning around to glare at him.

"I've lost my mind? I've lost my mind?! No, you're the ones who have lost your minds! You really don't believe us? Especially you two. We're family!" I point towards my Grandfather and Jotaro.

A gentle hand is placed on my shoulder as Kakyoin stands just a little bit behind me. He gives me a reassuring smile before standing in front of me a little bit.

"If you don't believe us then I'll have to prove it to you."

He pulls up his sleeve showing them the wound. Their eyes widen from the shock. They still don't believe us.

"Kakyoin, did you do this to yourself?!"

"He has lost it!"

I stand in front of him as they say some awful things. How could they even say that about one of their friends?

"Fine. I guess I'll have to defeat the Stand user myself. Come on Y/N." Kakyoin turns around and clenches his fists, walking towards the baby.

"Wait Nori... this might not-"

"Heirophant Green!"

But before he can attack the baby, Polnareff knocks him unconscious. Kakyoin begins falling to the ground so I use Wind Resistance to catch him. I run towards him, sitting down to pull him onto my lap.

"He's gone crazy!" Grandpa Joseph exclaims, looking down at the unconscious Kakyoin in my arms.

"How could you say such a thing! Polnareff, you didn't have to be so harsh when knocking him out! Now all of you, get out of my way. I'm gonna put him in his sleeping bag so he's comfortable at least." I frown.

I use Wind Resistance to help lift Kakyoin and bring him over to our camp. I lay him down on his sleeping bag, zipping it up to keep him warm.

"I'm sorry they don't believe you Nori..."

I gently move the red tendril from his eyes, watching as he lays peacefully. Even though he was knocked unconscious, it's nice to see him so peaceful.

A hand touches my shoulder making me turn around from sitting beside Kakyoin.

"Grandpa Joseph, I don't feel like talking right now." I turn back around.

"I know Y/N." He replies, sitting down beside me anyway despite my efforts to get him to leave me alone.

There is a moments silence. The sun is now setting and the small crackle of the fire is the only sound. I can tell Jotaro and Polnareff are staring at us from behind but I choose to ignore them.

"You care for him don't you...?"

I turn to face Grandpa Joseph with my mouth hanging open slightly. I know he's been teasing me about it but I never thought he would actually say anything.

"I... yeah. I do. At school, I never once cared about anyone the way I care for Nori. I didn't see there being any point. But since I met him, I've had these weird... feelings." I sigh, not wanting to admit it to him.

"Awwww my granddaughter is growing up... you love him Y/N. You might not know the feeling fully yet but you'll see. But if he wakes up and acts like he did before, we might have to leave him behind. For the sake of your mother." Grandpa Joseph frowns.

I really don't want to leave him behind. I do believe him about everything but we have no physical evidence. But maybe it's for the best. At least he'll be out of harm's way.

"Yeah... okay." I sigh, feeling tears well up in my eyes but I blink them away before they fully appear.

"I'm so sorry Y/N. I'll give you some time." He stands up, walking back to the others.

I turn my attention back to Kakyoin who is still as peaceful as before. He almost looks as if he has a smile on his face.

"I'm sorry we have to leave you behind. But maybe it is for the best. At least you'll be safe away from all the Stand users we are about to face." I smile to myself.

I give him a quick forehead kiss before standing up to get into my own sleeping bag across from him.

"Sweet dreams... Noriaki."