Chapter 17

"Here, sit down on the bed. I'll grab the supplies." He softly smiles, walking over to grab rubbing alcohol and bandages.

Should I tell him what really happened? I don't know what it is about Kakyoin but I feel like I can trust him with my life.

"This may sting a little so if you want me to stop, let me know. Is that okay?" He waits for consent before proceeding to clear my hand of any blood or bacteria.

I scrunch my nose up in pain, letting out a small hiss which makes Kakyoin apologise.

"Kakyoin... I didn't actually fall over." I confess, waiting for his response.

"What do you- oh Y/N. Don't tell me you... did you punch the wall?" He asks, concerned.

I shamefully nod my head, trying not to look at him out of pure embarrassment.

"Everything just got to me, you know? Polnareff leaving, his and Avdol fighting and the awful silence at the restaurant. I'm away from home trying to save my mother from death. It's all getting a little too much." I sigh.

After Kakyoin finishes bandaging my hand, he gently takes it in his and rubs the top of my hands not to hurt me.

"I know how you feel. Everyone has been a little bit on edge so it's completely normal for you to feel this way." He says, sitting down on the bed next to me.

"Yeah... you're right." I yawn, feeling my eyes get heavy.

Kakyoin chuckles slightly, offering me an small smile.

"Your tired. Get some sleep."

I lay in bed, pulling the covers over my body with a smile. My heart flutters slightly as Kakyoin pulls the covers over me a bit more, making sure I'm comfy enough.

"Goodnight Y/N. If you need me, you know where I am."

I watch as he leaves my room with a smile on his face, making me smile too.

I swore to myself that I would never fall for anyone. At least not the annoying guys at school. But Kakyoin is different. He sees the good in people and actually cares.

I think it's safe to say I might have I small, tiny crush on him. But it's too early to say anything. Heck, I don't know if I should say anything! I don't want my brother to beat the shit out of him.

I smile, falling asleep thinking about the day ahead.

When I wake up, I get ready and meet the others. It's been raining outside so the air is quite humid. We all meet up in the lobby, ready to go look for Polnareff.

"Are you sure we should split up?" I ask, waiting for Avdol's response.

"It's the quickest way to cover ground. If we want to find Polnareff, we have to split up." He replies.

For the next 20 minutes, I wonder around the streets in an attempt to find the French man. Shortly after though, I hear shouting coming from around the corner.

My heart drops at the sight in front of me.

Kakyoin standing over Avdol's dead body, Polnareff crying with his back turned and some weird cowboy stood with a smirk on his face.

That bastard.

Within a few moments, another fight breaks out and I see a car coming towards our direction. More specifically, a car which Kakyoin is driving.

I use Wind Resistance to jump into the back of the car on the outside storage area as Kakyoin pulls Polnareff into the passenger seat.

To be completely honest, I don't think they saw me get in.

I sit back, holding back my tears as I think about Avdol. I didn't even know him for that long but he didn't deserve this. He should have lived a better life.

I decide to climb around the car and peek my head in through the open window.

"Hey! You better have a good fucking explanation for what just happened!" I shout over the engine.

The car swerves to the side as I scare the shit out of both Polnareff and Kakyoin. I climb in through the window and make Polnareff move over slightly.

"What the- when did you get here!?" Polnareff exclaims, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Same time you got here dickhead. Now tell me what the fuck happened!" I demand.

But from the corner of my eye, I notice Kakyoin looking at the reflection in the steering wheel. He grips the wheel tighter but keeps driving.

"Uh guys!?"

Suddenly, the car jolts to the side and we are sent rolling over in the car. I brace for the impact, the wind getting knocked out of my lungs.

Give me a break.

"Kakyoin, Y/N, are you guys okay?" Polnareff asks as he let's out a groan.

"I hit my chest on the wheel but I'll manage. Y/N?" Kakyoin turns to me.

I freeze, looking at my leg. A fairly large piece of glass is stuck out from my leg. I can't move it, afraid it will hurt too much.

"Shit, help me get her out Polnareff!" Kakyoin orders as Heirophant Green rips the door off the car.

I let out a pained yell as both of them pull me out of the car and lay me on the ground. The shard of glass is now covered in my blood and I have no idea what to do.

"Just- j-just pull it out! I'll use Wind Resistance or something to keep the wound closed for a short period of time until we can get back to the others." I say.

Kakyoin looks as if he could cry in that moment but he nods.

This is about to hurt a whole lot more than anything I have ever felt.