Chapter 78

I can't believe Grandpa Joseph is coming to Morioh today. It's been a while since we last saw him since he's been busy in New York.

"How do you think Josuke will take this?" I ask my brother who is standing next to me at the dock.

"Hopefully not too harshly."

I sigh, turning to look at Josuke who is talking to Noriaki. Surprisingly, the two of them get along very well. Then again, Nori gets along with most people. Especially our newest acquaintance, Rohan Kishibe.

Both of them being successful artists, obviously leading them to get along pretty well.

The boat gets closer and closer until it finally docks. The side door opens and Grandpa Joseph walks out, his walking stick supporting him so he doesn't collapse.

I look at Josuke who has wide eyes. He looks speechless. Poor kid.

Grandpa Joseph walks out slowly but his walking stick gives in. He begins to fall but Josuke manages to catch him. Grandpa Joseph looks at him in shock but all Josuke can do is look away, still holding onto him.

I can tell Josuke is trying his best not to cry but I'm gonna choose not to say anything.

"Well isn't that sweet?" Nori smiles beside me and I agree.

"Yeah I suppose it is. But I'm still gonna lecture Grandpa Joseph about this." I smirk.

For a few hours, we let Grandpa Joseph and Josuke talk for a while until Josuke has to go home. Grandpa Joseph is staying at the same hotel as ours so we all spend some time together.

"You know... I really can't believe you would cheat on Grandma Suzie like that. I'm not gonna say anything since this is your own problem but I expect you to sort this out. You have to at least care for Josuke. He is your son after all." I fold my arms with a stern look.

"I... I know. Josuke is a good kid. I'm sorry I disappointed you three." Grandpa Joseph looks down with guilt.

Me, Jotaro and Noriaki all share a look before giving Grandpa Joseph a small smile.

"It's okay old man. We get it. Now come on... it's getting cold so we should head inside." Jotaro says as he opens the balcony door.

"Thank you Jotaro. Y/N when is it that you're leaving to meet Polnareff?" Grandpa Joseph asks.

"Tomorrow. Today is my last day in Morioh. I would have liked to stay for longer but I have a horrible feeling something bad is going to happen in Italy. I have to help Polnareff out." I sigh.

The room is silent, a gloomy feeling washing over the four of us. I can tell they don't want me to leave but it's for the best.

"Okay. You better come back in one piece though, do you hear me?" Grandpa Joseph smiles and I smile back.

"Of course. I can't go getting injured now can I? How else will I come to your rescue?" I tease them.

Nori helps me pack all my belongings into my suitcase I came with. There is a odd silence which surrounds us but I can't quite figure it out.

"Y/N... are you sure you want to go?" He asks and I stop folding my clothes.

"Nori, you know I have to. Polnareff needs my help. This could be our chance to find another Stand arrow." I give him a sad smile.

If we manage to find as many arrows as possible, we can prevent them from falling into the wrong hands.

"I know. I just wish I could come with you or that you could stay here is all. I love you so much and I could never forgive myself if something happened to you." Nori wraps his arms around me.

"Whatever happens isn't your fault Nori. But I know everything will turn out okay. Polnareff and I will find the arrow and bring it back safely." I reassure him.

Nori nods his head and we continue packing my suitcase. It doesn't take long and soon, we find ourselves laying on the bed. Nori has his arm around me as I lay on his chest.

"I wonder how Mayumi is doing. Do you think she misses us?" I ask.

"Of course she does. But I bet she's fine. She's probably looking after Jolyne like she usually does. She's strong for an 8 year old. I'm just worried for when she gets her Stand. If she ever does." Nori replies.

"Yeah... it's most likely that she will receive a Stand. The two of us have one so she will most likely get one too." I say.

What I'm more worried for is when she grows up. She's always talked about wanting to join the Speedwagon Foundation when she turns 18 but I'm worried that isn't the best option. But if that's what she wants, I'm not going to stop her.

"Let's get some rest darling. You have a long flight tomorrow so you have to rest. Just please, when you get to Italy, call me. I want to know that you're safe." Nori strokes my hair gently.

"Of course I will. I'll give Mayumi a call too. I'm sure she misses us and I want to check in with her." I tell Nori.

"Good. Night Darling."

"Goodnight Nori."

I smile, letting my eyes close. I still have my head on his chest, the soft beating of his heart making me relax as usual.

Next task... find the new Stand arrow.