Chapter 14

After a few more hours of floating aimlessly around the ocean, the rescue crew finally come to our aid.

"Here we are. Singapore, isn't it lovely?"

I take in our surroundings, looking at all the beautiful scenery. The streets are quite busy but everyone seems so friendly. A grand hotel is by the ocean where we were just rescued.

"Hey! You owe a 400 Singapore Dollar fine for littering the streets with your trash!" An officer exclaims towards Polnareff who looks confused.

"400 Singapore Dollars? Thats nearly 40,000 yen!" Kakyoin exclaims.

"Trash? I don't see any trash. All I see is my luggage." The French man exclaims with a slight smirk, teasing the officer.

The officer begins stuttering and stammering over his words as he apologises for being rude. Polnareff looks up proudly as the man walks away.

A giggle comes from behind us and we turn to see Anne watching us from across the street.

"I thought she was supposed to be meeting her dad? He kid! Why are you still following us?" I ask her, trying not to be too rude.

"Maybe she doesn't have any money." Avdol suggests.

"Yeah you're right. Well, I guess we could get her a hotel room for a couple of nights." Grandpa Joseph comes up with a solution.

We send Polnareff over to ask her to come with us but that might not have been the best decision. He may or may not have accidentally called her a 'freeloader' and made her feel self conscious.

Grandpa Joseph leads us into the magnificent hotel by the ocean, walking up to the front desk.

"Excuse me, we would like a room in your fine hotel." He says. Great. Straight to the point.

"I'm sorry but the hotel is very busy around this time of year. We only have double rooms available." The lady at the front desk apologises.

In the end, Avdol and my Grandfather share, Jotaro and Kakyoin share, leaving me, Anne and Polnareff.

"I want my own room! I'm not sharing with girls!" Polnareff complains, taking a set of keys.

"Good! We didn't want to share with you anyway!" Anne shouts back, crossing her arms. I guess I don't have a say in this. Looks like I'll be the one to look after the little girl.

I sigh, taking the keys as we all head to our separate rooms. I let myself fall onto the comfy bed, taking in the moment of piece.

"So Anne... how come you're not with your father yet?" I ask the girl.

"I'm meeting him in 5 days. Thats plenty of time to do whatever the hell I want." She fires back.

"I see. I also see that you have a little girl crush on my brother. Don't think I didn't notice that." I tease the girl with a smirk on my lips.

She looks taken back by my words, her eyes as wide as saucers.

"Y-You... please don't tell him!" The girl runs up and hugs me, begging me not to tell Jotaro about her little crush on him.

I laugh, placing my hands on her shoulders gently. She looks up at me with tears almost threatening to spill in her eyes.

"Of course I won't. Your secret is safe with me." I smile.

"Just like how your secret is safe with me!" She answers back.

Huh? I don't have any secrets. None that I know about anyway.

"My secret? What secret do I have?" I laugh, confused. Completely, utterly confused.

"You like that other boy, right? Kakyoin?" She blurts out.

My eyes widen at her assumption. Yeah the boy is attractive but I just met him.

"I don't like him like that Anne. We only met a few days ago." I laugh, trying to brush the situation under the carpet.

"Bullshit."

I stop in my tracks at Anne's use of fowl language. That's no word for a young girl such as her.

"Watch your language Anne. It might get you into trouble. Besides, I don't like-"

I'm cut off by a knock at the door. I look through the small peep hole to see my brother and Kakyoin stood waiting outside.

"Don't say anything about our conversation." I whisper to Anne as I open the door.

"Finally. Took you long enough to answer." Jotaro grumbles and I roll my eyes.

Kakyoin looks up at me with a smile before speaking up.

"We are all heading to Mr Joestar's room. He wants all of us there in 5 minutes." He informs us.

Before I can reply, Jotaro shoves me to the side and points at Anne with a serious face.

"You, stay here. Its safer for you to stay here than come with us. If you need anything, you know where we are." Jotaro closes the door, leaving Anne inside.

"Hey dipshit! I didn't even grab my things." I fold my arms.

"You don't need 'em. Now come on." He walks off towards my grandfather's room.

Kakyoin and I look at each other with a shrug. We follow along with my brother in complete silence. Mine and Anne's previous conversation still floats around in the back of my mind.

"Wait! I forgot my money. I'll be back!" I rush off back to mine and Anne's room.

I knock on the door as the girl answers.

"Thanks." I say, walking over to the bed.

I route through my things trying to find my purse with all my spare money in. I feel a pair of eyes staring into my back so I turn around to look at Anne.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask her.

She just shrugs, putting on a smug smile.

"I saw the way you and Kakyoin were looking at each other."

Good grief... this again? God I'm starting to sound like my brother. I roll my eyes, leaving the hotel room to meet up with the others.

I have more important things going on right now.