Chapter 43

The helicopter lands in front of us, sending sand flying everywhere so I use my Stand to keep it contained.

Two guys get out of the helicopter, walking over to us. Which one is the Stand user?

"Glad you made it here safely. Did you bring what I asked for?" Grandpa Joseph asks and the men nod.

"Excuse me for interrupting, but which one of you is the Stand user?" I step forward. The two males give me a smile before shaking their heads.

"Miss Kujo, neither of us is the Stand user. He's in the back." One of the men points towards the back of the heli.

But there's only a small blanket. As the two members of the Speedwagon Foundation give Grandpa Joseph our new supplies, Polnareff and I go over to invest the newest member of our group.

"Careful you two... he can be quite the handful." Avdol warns us. I step back a bit as this might not be the best idea.

"Agh!" Polnareff jumps back.

A... dog?

The dog latches itself onto Polnareff's face, ripping his hair out. Poor guy.

"Ahh! Guys! A little- help?!" He tries to pry the dog off him. However, the dog's grip only seems to get stronger.

"If it's all the same to you, I'd like to keep my hair." Kakyoin replies.

"Oh, this is Iggy. He's not exactly... easy to get along with. He usually doesn't like working with other humans. When he gets excited from ripping out hair he..." Grandpa Joseph starts.

However, before he gets the chance to finish, the small dog let's out a fart. Right in Polnareff's face. What a crude dog.

Iggy jumps off Polnareff and sand begins to fly around behind him. It seems to be forming something... that's Iggy's Stand!

Polnareff attempts to fight the Stand but of course, he loses due to his own arrogance.

Shortly after, Iggy is chasing after Polnareff once again as we load up our car with the new supplies we were just given.

"Somebody stop him!" Polnareff runs past us with Iggy hot on his tail.

"Why should we? You already seem to be getting along just fine." Avdol laughs.

After we pack the car, we all get into our seats. Well... attempt. Grandpa Joseph and Avdol are up front, Iggy has the back seat to himself and the rest of us are forced to sit in the trunk.

"Hey you little shit! Move it!" Polnareff complains to Iggy who growls at him.

"I wouldn't do that if i were you. Avdol, how do we get him to move now?" I ask, getting uncomfortable in the back.

I'm practically sat on Kakyoin right now, the other two being extremely close making this whole situation just awful. There's barely any room to breathe back here!

"You'll have to let the taste of the gum ware off. Then we'll throw a new piece in the back so you can climb into the back seats." Avdol explains.

Right... the coffee gum. Why would a dog like that stuff anyway? That's just gross.

Suddenly, Grandpa Joseph slams on the car breaks and the vehicle goes flying. The car lands heavily back on the sand, all of us in the back getting thrown around.

I land directly on top of Kakyoin, straddling his waist. The both of us blush like mad, scrambling to get up as quick as possible.

"Oh my god..."

"It's the helicopter! Look!" Polnareff exclaims.

We all rush out of the car, except a sleeping Iggy, rushing over the the crash site. Pieces of the helicopter are strewn about all over the place.

"Someone or something must have shot it down. Either that or it had a malfunction. But I seriously doubt any Speedwagon Foundation vehicle would just crash on it's own." I observe.

A corpse of one of the men lays hanging from the side of the helicopter. He looks worse for wear, his face stuck in pure horror.

"Hey, guys! He's alive!"

We rush over to Kakyoin and Polnareff as they get our attention. The other guy is just barely alive, his skin almost inhumanly dry.

"Wa-water..." he points to a canister.

The canister is brought over to him and opened. His eyes widen in extreme fear as it is brought down to his face.

Something isn't right.

"No! He's warning u- abo-" I'm cut off when something shoots out of the canister.

It tears off the mans head, pulling it into the canister, turning the water red. The now dead man collapses back, his blood leaking down to mix with the sand below him.

"I think I might be sick." I look away, burying my face in Kakyoin's chest not wanting to look anymore.

On this trip, we've seen a lot of gore but none as bad as this. So what the hell are we supposed to do?

Now our group is seperated. Defeating this Stand obviously needs a strategy. We can't go in blind.

I lay on the sand next to Kakyoin and Polnareff, none of us saying anything. The others are also dead silent, scared to even move.

"What do we do? Should I make a run for it?" I ask the two sat next to me.

"No. It's too risky. We have no idea where the Stand is. It just appears from nowhere. We don't know where it will attack from." Kakyoin whispers back.

I close my eyes for a brief moment. I see a hand made of water sticking out from behind us. Its nails are razor sharp and it looks ready to attack.

It reaches out to attack Kakyoin, cutting his eyes.

"Move!"

I use my Stand to try throw Kakyoin out the way as gently as possible. The enemy Stand still manages to cut just above and below his eyes but leaves no damage to his actual eyes. Still, it will probably leave a scar.

"It's coming back! Everyone get to the car!"

I grab Kakyoin's hand, making a run for it. The Stand is hot on our tracks and keeps getting closer and closer.

I have a bad feeling about this one.