Chapter 71

Today is the day that we are heading off to Cairo once again. Kakyoin and I decided to meet up with Jotaro at his flat so we can leave for the airport together.

The plan is that we will catch a plane all the way there and meet up with Polnareff once we arrive.

"Are you sure you have everything we need?" Jotaro asks.

"Positive. I brought all the equipment and some security boxes just in case we do find any Stand arrows." I reply.

The three of us head towards the airport and wait for our flight. It doesn't take too long and soon enough we find ourselves on the flight to Egypt.

"Is it just me or are you both getting an awful sickly feeling?" I ask the two sat beside me.

"A bit but it must be that awful illness you've had for the last week. Are you sure you don't need to see a doctor?" Kakyoin asks with worry.

"Yeah I'm sure it will pass soon. Its only a cold." I smile, trying to brush away the feeling.

Most of the journey there, the three of us fall asleep. But as soon as I close my eyes, I see him.

"You shouldn't be coming back Y/N. If you know what's good for you, you will turn away and run."

"Wh- D-Dio?!"

I back away into the corner of the room, tripping and falling onto the floor. The concrete ground is cold beneath me and the room is dark. I can tell I'm back at the mansion but how am I here?!

"Did you really think you could defeat me?" Dio emerges from the dark corner of the room with his hand on his hip.

"But... Jotaro killed you! We defeated you!" I try to back up further but I'm already pressed against the brick wall.

"My, my Y/N... even if you did kill me, my intentions still haven't died. I may not physically be alive but my own mind and will are." Dio smirks, laughing at me.

What is that supposed to mean?

For a split second, I get a strange vision of the sky. The sun and moon are passing at a horrendous speed. What is happening?!

"Now do you see? Stupid woman... you will never fully defeat me!"

Dio laughs and instantly dissapears from the room, leaving me on my own.

"Y/N, darling we're here."

I snap open my eyes to see Noriaki looking down at me with worry. He's already stood up in the plane isle, waiting for me to get up.

"Oh... sorry." I apologise, shaking off the awful feeling which surrounds me. Jotaro keeps giving me side glances, watching me carefully as if I might break.

I grit my teeth as we pass through security, finally free of all the hustle and bustle of the airport.

"Where did Polnareff say he would be meeting us?" Kakyoin asks.

"He should be right-"

"Hey! Y/N, Kakyoin, Jotaro! You're finally here!"

Polnareff comes running over to us, pulling us into a tight hug. I laugh, wrapping my arms around him as well, finally glad to see him in person again.

"Pol! It's been so long! How are you? You still look as youthful as ever." I smile at him.

"I could say the same thing about you ma cherie." Polnareff teases me, poking my cheek as if I'm a child.

"Careful Polnareff... That's my girlfriend you're talking about." Kakyoin raises an eyebrow and Polnareff stiffens.

He waves his arms out in front of him, backing away slightly with wide eyes.

"So... are we heading out or not?" Jotaro interrupts, having had enough of our bullshit.

The four of us agree, heading towards a car which drives us all the way to the centre of Cairo. We just so happen to stop right outside the mansion which Dio once resided in.

"You'll be okay Y/N. We won't be staying for too long." Kakyoin places his hand over mine gently before stepping out of the car.

We stand in front of the mansion just as we did years ago. Except this time, we don't have Grandpa Joseph, Avdol and Iggy with us.

"Let's go. We shouldn't be wasting time." Jotaro walks forward first. His words are quite ironic considering he can literally stop time.

The four of us walk through the main gate and in through the side door which is open. No one must have been here or touched this place since it was wrecked.

"We have to split up. I'll go with Jotaro. You two stick together." Polnareff says pointing at Kakyoin and I.

We nod, heading our separate ways. Jotaro and Polnareff take the bottom floor whilst Kakyoin and I search the top floor. We search for what feels like hours, finding nothing.

We enter Dio's old bedroom which is still left untouched. However, upon closer inspection, it seems that the side draw of his bed has been tampered with.

"Nori...? Are you seeing this? I think someone has been here. Dio doesn't- didn't strike me as the type of person to leave something open like this." I explain, pointing to the draw.

"Hmm... maybe."

I walk up to it, pulling the draw open but it seems that there is nothing inside.

"Someone took everything. There's nothing- wait... what's that?" I close the empty draw to look underneath it. I reach my hand out to take the shiny object, pulling it out from under the draw.

"Is that a cross?" Kakyoin asks.

I pull back my hand to see what I found. A small chain with a silver cross on it. Who would have left this here?

"I don't think this could belong to Dio. Whoever came here must have accidentally lost it. Look, the chain is broken. They probably broke it without noticing." I say.

It's quite strange to see something like this laying around. Is the person responsible still here?

Who are we dealing with?