Chapter 68

A few years later

Today is the day that we just graduated high school. I can finally get out of that hell hole and not have to worry about people following me around like lost puppies.

I still have nightmares sometimes though. Our trip to Egypt has never once left my mind. I think it's had a toll on all of us.

"I say... we celebrate. Theres a mochi place down the street from my house. You wanna come?" Kakyoin slings his arm over my shoulder and I nod. Jotaro does too. Weirdly enough, he's been showing more emotion lately.

"We do have to stop off at my house first. Mom said she has a surprise for us." I smile, dragging the two boys towards the house.

Once we get there, I open the door to see no one home. How strange.

"Mom? Where are you? We're home!" I call out but receive no answer. The three of us stick close together, eyes wondering around.

My body tenses up in fear that someone might have broken in or done something to our mother. Maybe that's just a natural reaction.

We wonder into the living room to see no light coming into the room. I switch the light on and a group of familiar faces jump out at us.

"Surprise! Congratulations on graduating high school you three!" Mom rushes up to us, pulling us in for a group hug.

"Well done kiddos!" Grandpa Joseph smiles, bringing Grandma Suzie with him.

"Mon dieu! You've all grown so much!"

I whip my head around at the familiar voice. His silvery hair stuck up just as it was a few years ago. Honestly, I never thought he would keep in contact with us.

"Polnareff!"

I instantly run up to him, pulling him in for a hug. He hugs back with a warm smile, everyone else making their way towards us.

"Polnareff, it's good to see you!" Kakyoin smiles widely at our friend.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this but it was a surprise." Mom smiles once again.

I can't believe I'm seeing Polnareff again. I also can't believe everyone is here. Well... except for dad who is still away. And I feel like Avdol and Iggy are still watching from above.

"Kakyoin, what were you saying about that mochi place?" Jotaro asks him.

"Oh yeah, we were thinking of getting mochi. You guys wanna join?" Kakyoin asks politely and they all agree.

We all rush off to our rooms to find nice outfits to wear. I smile to myself, knowing that we can finally start the next chapter of our lives.

When I turn around, I see Kak stood leaning on the doorway, a loving smile on his face.

"What? Why are you staring at me like that?" I ask with a blush.

"Because I want to look at the most beautiful woman I have ever layed eyes on. And that gorgeous woman... just so happens to be my girlfriend." Kakyoin smiles, walking over to me.

I giggle, backing up a little as he backs me up against the wall behind me. He places one hand on the wall beside my head and the other on my cheek.

"Nori? What's wrong?" I laugh a little bit and he only smiles wider.

"Nothing. You're just perfect."

With that, Kakyoin presses a desperate kiss to my lips, pushing his body up against mine. His chest is flush against mine as he deepens our kiss.

His lips trail down my jaw and to my neck. I feel my face heat up at the attention and I run my fingers through his soft hair. Kakyoin let's out a soft moan as I do so, pressing his body even closer to mine.

"God I love you so much."

"I love you too Nori."

He kisses my lips once more before slowly pulling away. His face is only inches from mine and his breath hits my cheeks.

"I guess we better get going. We don't want everyone else to wonder where we are." Kakyoin smirks, placing his hand in mine.

"Yeah that's true."

But Kakyoin suddenly stops, placing another kiss to my lips before leaning towards my ear. He smirks, gently gripping my waist.

"But when we get back... I have another surprise for you." He whispers.

I feel my legs almost buckle beneath me as my knees become weak from his words. How- what? That sly son of a bitch...

"Oh really? How about... sike!" I tease him before running away.

"Hey, get back here you tease!"

He chases me around the house for a minute or two before we see everyone else waiting for us beside the door.

"Finally! Are you two ready? We thought you fell asleep or something." Grandpa Joseph jokes and I roll my eyes with a small but noticeable blush.

"Sorry Mr Joestar, we just got a little bit... distracted." Kakyoin apologises.

No one but me notices but he looks at me with a smirk. His look sends shivers down my spine and makes me feel all warm. How does he even have the ability to do that?

The rest of the day is filled with random conversations and mochi. We all enjoy our time together, savouring it as much as possible since we don't know when we would next meet up.

"Thank you for an amazing graduation celebration." I thank everyone.

Jotaro and Kakyoin do the same and we continue to laugh though the rest of the day and night.

High school is finished.

Time to start on our new chapters of our life.