Chapter 36

"Grandpa Joseph, I can't believe we're on another boat after what has already happened on this trip. And shouldn't we be going the other way?" I ask as I stand at the front of the boat.

"Yeah Y/N's right Mr Joestar. Where are we going?" Polnareff asks.

"Old man, what's wrong? We're going in the wrong direction. I thought we were heading West, straight to Egypt?" My brother questions.

Grandpa Joseph laughs, holding out his arm to point towards a small island in front of us.

"There's a reason I didn't tell you before now, but we've got to stop and see somebody before we got to Egypt. He's someone important to our journey." Grandpa Joseph says mysteriously.

Someone important? Surely no one is living on this island. He must have just moved here for a while. Is it possible that it's Avdol who is on this island? I remember being told that he isn't really dead.

Soon enough, the boat docks on the sand beside the sea and one by one, we jump off.

"Hey guys! Watch this!" I shout from the top of the boat.

"Y/N be careful!"

I jump from the boat by doing a front flip. I use Wind Resistance to make sure I float to the floor elegantly beside Kakyoin and Polnareff.

"Show off!" Polnareff complains.

"Says you Mr 'I have to try and look good for the ladies even though I'm a terrible flirt'." I smirk, watching his jaw slacken.

I hear Jotaro huff whilst Kakyoin and Grandpa Joseph laugh at my comment.

"That hurts you know." Polnareff frowns.

Time for another come back I think.

"You know what does hurt Polnareff? Not being able to see you lick that toilet." I can't hold my laugh in any longer.

After our laughter dies down, we take a look around the area, looking for something, someone or anything at all for that matter.

"Mr Joestar... are you sure someone lives here? It's not a big island, and it looks deserted." Kakyoin asks.

"He lives here alone. He told me all about it when we were hurrying through India." Grandpa Joseph turns to us.

I listen to what everyone has to say but my eyes wonder over to the bushes ahead of us. Jotaro seems to have seen the same thing I did too.

A pair of eyes seem to be staring at us from the shadows, watching our every move. Is that who we're here to see?

"Hey... there's somebody watching us from the bushes." Jotaro comments but as he does, the mysterious person runs away from us.

"Hey! He's getting away!" Polnareff exclaims.

He's the first one to start running towards the man. The man from the back looks a hell of a lot like Avdol. Maybe it is Avdol but with grey hair. Was he stressed or something?

We follow him all the way back to his small house in the centre of the island. He takes out a bowl of chicken feed and begins throwing it on the floor.

"Who is he?!"

"The way he looks... could it be...?"

"I'll talk to him. The rest of you, stay here." Grandpa Joseph steps in front of us to talk to the man.

"Excuse me. My name is Joseph Joestar. My friends and I are on our way to Egypt..." Grandpa Joseph starts but is suddenly cut off by the man.

"Go away! I don't want to hear what you have to say! J-just don't talk to me! It's always bad news when someone comes to talk to me! People only come here when something terrible has happened!"

I take a step away from the man. Now I'm completely lost. Is this Avdol? Is he pretending to be someone else or is this his relative or something?

The man turns around and yells at us to leave. His entire face looks exactly like Avdol. If this isn't him, then it must be his father.

The door to the small house is slammed shut and Joseph goes to talk to him alone.

"Polnareff, where are you going? Even on this island, it's not safe to go on your own." I say to him as he begins walking away.

"I just need some time alone to think." He replies with a glum attitude.

We watch him walk away knowing that he needs some time.

"Right... I think I wanna know what's going on here." I say, turning to walk towards the small house.

"Y/N we can't just go into the house!" Kakyoin whisper yells but I really don't care right now.

I rush towards the house, slamming the door open. Grandpa Joseph is sat across from... Avdol. I knew it was him all along.

"Jeez Avdol, you really need a better disguise. I knew it was you all along. It's a good job Polnareff is as dumb as he is." I laugh, taking a seat next to Grandpa Joseph.

"That isn't very polite Y/N... although it is true. Polnareff has his moments." Avdol laughs.

I laugh along with him as Jotaro and Kakyoin finally enter the house hearing the commotion.

"I'm glad we have you back Avdol. It's been strange to not have you here." I smile, feeling as if our team has regained our lost chess piece.

"So it really is you huh? How was the recovery?" Jotaro asks Avdol.

"It was fine. I was only able to start walking again a few days ago since I had to give my back time to heal. Here, have a seat you two." Avdol gestures to two empty chairs.

Polnareff has been gone a long time. He obviously needs a lot of time to process everything. Maybe I should do the same.

"Actually guys, I'm gonna head out for a while. I also think I need some time to process everything." I stand up walking towards the door.

I probably should have told them where I'm going but it's a small island. They'll find me eventually.