Chapter 44

As the water-like hand reaches out its claws, we make a dive for it towards the car. Kakyoin and Polnareff jump past me, hoisting me up.

I accidentally place my foot on the wind mirror, making it break. It falls the the ground, the enemy Stand now being alerted.

It shoots up from the ground but luckily, Kakyoin pulls me back before it gets the chance to slice the back of ankles.

"Thanks." I whisper, gripping on to him.

"What do we do? We can't just wait here until it goes away!" Polnareff exclaims. Iggy jumps from the car, taking a snooze on the warm sand.

That's when the car begins to move on it's own.

"Oh my god! The car is sinking!" Grandpa Joseph panics. We all grab onto part of the car, trying not to fall into the pit below us.

"Come on and help us, you son of a bitch!" Jotaro glares at Iggy who doesn't even better an eye.

We all have no choice but to jump from the car, each of us landing separate from one and other. From what I gathered from before, this Stand is attracted to sounds. We could use that to our advantage.

How is it possible that the Stand usee is so far away, yet it's so powerful?

Avdol quickly comes up with a plan, taking off his rings and throwing them to simulate footsteps. Smart thinking.

We mostly sit in silence, waiting for something to happen. The water Stand emerges from the ground to inspect the rings. But then it does the unexpected.

It turns around, dashing towards Avdol, cutting the side of his neck, knocking him unconscious.

"Avdol!"

Shit, I forgot for a second that the Stand is drawn to sound.

The Stand rushes towards me, it's sharp claws ready to attack. But before it gets the chance to strike, Jotaro jumps up and begins running away from us.

"Jojo! You're gonna get yourself killed!" I yell at him but of course, he doesn't listen.

He picks Iggy up off the ground, running in the same direction. Somehow, he must have figured out where the user is.

"I think Jotaro is planning on using Iggy to get to the Stand user. For now, we have to hope he draws his attention from us. We have to figure out a way to get to the next town. We need to get Avdol to a hospital." Grandpa Joseph explains.

"Leave it to me." I smile.

I concentrate on all the pieces of the broken car, using Wind Resistance to bring it all back to one piece. Holding this for so long will drain me but I'll just have a nap later.

"Mon Dieu!" Polnareff gasps at my work. I laugh at his reaction, walking over to Kakyoin.

"I'm glad you're okay Nori. But I think you should get those wounds on your eyes checked. We need to make sure they dont get infected." I drag him around the other side of the car.

"I know and I promise to get them checked. I'm live because you saved me Y/N. It seems that we just keep saving each other." Kakyoin smiles, grabbing my hands.

He pulls me into his chest, placing a soft kiss to my lips. Luckily, no one saw us as they are busy figuring out what our next plan of action is.

Shortly after, Jotaro and Iggy make it back to us alive and we all get in the car. I feel myself wanting to fall asleep but I know I have to stay awake to keep the car in tact.

"We're almost there Y/N. Just stay awake..." Kakyoin reassures me.

I look ahead of us to see another town. I smile, knowing we made it in time to get Avdol some medical attention.

"I..." I go to speak but my vision begins to go blurry, extreme exhaustion taking over my body.

"Y/N! Stay awa- ahhh!"

As I fall unconscious, the car falls to pieces, everyone falling all over the place. At least we got as far as we did.

I see a small light, getting brighter and brighter every second. It seems that I'm in the same city as I was in one of my previous dreams.

The same city, except it isn't as put together as before. Cars are smashed together in the streets, lights are flickering and it looks as if some buildings have been broken.

Smoke rises in the distance indicating a fight did indeed happen. I jump from one rooftop to another, making sure to be careful not to fall.

Thats when I see it. The same water tower from before. There is a dent in the side of it, blood covering every part. Water is gushing from the open side yet, no one is there.

The clock tower across from it is broken. Someone or something must have it the clock face.

I see workers from the Speedwagon Foundation running around, yelling to each other.

Is this how it ends for us? I'm I literally seeing how we all die?

Then it hits me.

The water tower. Dio will kill Kakyoin and send him flying into the water tower. The blood. The dent in the side... Kakyoin is going to die there.

But not if I can help it.

A soft breeze brushes over my face as I begin to wake. A hand is gently running itself through my hair which could instantly put me back to sleep.

"Hey... how are you feeling?"

I lift my head slightly to see Kakyoin with a smile on his face. I pull him onto the bed beside me, clinging onto him for dear life.

He seems shocked but accepts the cuddle and relaxes, wrapping his arms around me.

After that dream... I don't think I want to let him go.