Chapter 20

Long story short, Grandpa Joseph once again found himself in trouble. He was attacked by an enemy Stand and now the police are looking for him.

I sigh, sitting on top of the car with my legs dangling down off the side. Kakyoin leans against the car as everyone stares out in front of us.

"God gimmie a break! Why can't we just stay at a normal hotel?!" Polnareff cries in frustration.

"Well we are on a dangerous mission Polnareff. I just wish I could get at least one night of sleep. Well, a bit of decent sleep at least." I laugh, trying to lighten the mood.

I reach my hand up to mess with my new necklace. From beside me, I see Kakyoin smile, the moons light shining onto his face.

"Right, time to set off. Everyone get in the car." Grandpa Joseph hops into the passenger seat and Polnareff gets in the drivers seat.

Probably not the best idea.

"You mean shit box... you can barely call this a car." I mumble, getting into the car.

Lucky me... I get to be in the middle back seat stuck in between two oddly large boys. One being my annoying brother.

"I'm gonna take a quick nap. If anyone wakes me up, you'll regret it." I give everyone a toothy grin before leaning my head back to sleep.

3rd Person POV:

As Y/N finally manages to sleep, her body finally relaxes. Her head lightly falls onto Kakyoin's arm beside her and he tenses slightly.

The boy looks down at her with a strange feeling in his chest. Some would say the look he gave her was adoration.

The car was peaceful. Too peaceful even...

Y/N's POV:

"Get out of the way! Eat dust shit head!"

I nap my eyes open after hearing Polnareff's yell. I don't know how long I was asleep but he's gonna regret waking me up.

"I said not to wake me up!" I raise my hand and ruffle his hair.

"Y/N no my perfect hair! Don't touch the hair!" He leans to the side and the car moves with him.

"Cut it out you two! You'll get us killed!' Grandpa Joseph complains.

I sit back with a smirk, looking at the damage I did to Polnareff's hair. Hah! He deserves it for walking me up so abruptly.

Suddenly, a car appears behind us, driving way too close for comfort. Guess that's the guy Polnareff pissed off.

"Just let him pass."

Polnareff slows the car down and we wait for the other car to overtake us
Another car begins to overtake but we don't see who is driving.

However as he makes it in front of us he slows down. His tyres begin making dust which which surrounds our car, making it hard for Polnareff to see.

"Wind Resistance!" I call out my Stand, blowing all the dust away.

"Hey nice driving Polnareff!" Grandpa Joseph compliments the Frenchman.

"Look out!"

A huge truck appears out of nowhere and is just mere inches away from us before Jotaro calls out his own Stand.

"Star Platinum!"

"ORA!!"

Star Platinum smashes his fist into the truck and our car is sent flying. Kakyoin quickly wraps his arm around me, pulling me close to him for protection.

When the car lands, it lands upright next to the road. We're all panting and sweating due to our near death experience.

"What just happened?" I look around, Kakyoin's arm still around my waist.

"We must have run into an enemy Stand. Keep a look out for anything bizarre." Grandpa Joseph tells us.

Polnareff begins driving once more as we make it back onto the road, leaving the truck we nearly hit behind.

"Hey look! It's that same red car!" Kakyoin exclaims, pointing to the parked car outside a small roadside cafe.

"Stop the car. We have to find the Stand user before we find ourselves in any more trouble." I say as Polnareff pulls over.

The five of us step out of the car and walk into the small roadside cafe. A man is making some sort of drink which looks to be made of sugarcane.

"Thanks for back there. Honestly I thought I was about to fall straight through the front car window." I joke but Kakyoin doesn't laugh back as I thank him.

"Yeah I was worried. To be completely honest, I didn't even realise I was holding onto you until after we crashed. But I'm glad you're safe. I'm glad we're all safe." He sighs.

We look at each other for a moment but we say nothing. It's as if his presence says enough without him having to say anything.

"Mr Joestar! Jotaro! Polnareff not you too!" Kakyoin looks over at the three of them as they begin to beat up and interrogate the men at the cafe.

I hear the engine of the red car start up so I rush towards ours. I use the key to turn the engine on and I drive just outside the cafe, rolling down my window.

"Get in!"

The four guys quickly rush to the car and get in. Kakyoin sits in the passenger seat beside me and the other three are cramped in the back.

"Are you even allowed to drive?!" Polnareff exclaims and I smirk, pressing my foot down on the accelerator.

"Nope!"

The car speeds towards the red car in front as I keep my eyes on the road. I notice that we are closing in on it so I speed up even more, the four guys gripping onto the sides of the car for dear life.

As long as I can catch up to this loser, we can defeat the Stand user.