Chapter 52

3rd Person POV:

Y/N drops to the ground as her soul is ripped from her body. Her head hits the floor and her arm lays out beside her, the last dart rolling from her hand.

Her skin turns a deathly cold colour as she lays unmoving on the ground.

"Y/N!!!"

Kakyoin runs to her side, dropping on his knees beside the lifeless girl. He pulls her head to rest in his lap as he sobs.

From that moment, the rest of the remaining crusaders could see just how much Y/N meant to the red haired boy. The look on his face shows that his heart has just been ripped in two.

He lost her.

"No... it's not over yet." Joseph Joestar steps foward, looking down at his lifeless Granddaughter.

Joseph Joestar bet his life to save her and Polnareff.

Y/N's POV:

Why is it so dark? Am I being held in some sort of void?

I walk around aimlessly in search of something. Anything.

"Ma cherie...?"

I turn around to see Polnareff stood behind me with a slight frown. He walks over to me, pulling me in for a hug.

"I lost Pol... I tried to- I tried so hard to beat him. I failed everyone." I frown, dripping to my knees. The void below me ripples beneath my knees.

I look at my reflection, my hair disheveled in the wildest way possible. My tears drop to the floor creating more ripples. I see Polnareff appear behind me, sitting down beside me.

"They know you tried ma cherie. Trust me, they know. I bet right now, they're trying to bring us back. We never give up Y/N." Polnareff smiles, wrapping his arms around me once more.

"Oh my god."

We turn to where the new voice came from, only to see Grandpa Joseph looking around at the void until his eyes finally land on us.

"Polnareff? Y/N...?" He questions.

I jump up from the floor, running over to him. I embrace him in a tight hug as he hesitates to hug back but he does.

"Why are you here? Grandpa Joseph... did you...?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"I did. I gambled my soul to get you both back. That D'arby is a cheater. We couldn't win against him." Grandpa Joseph admits.

So we could be stuck here forever? I might not be able to get to see my brother again. Or my mother. I won't be able to see Kakyoin again.

I feel my heart collapse and I sit down once again. Polnareff sits to my left and Grandpa Joseph sits to my right.

"You know... he cares about you, a lot." Grandpa Joseph says and I know exactly who he is referring to. But now isn't the right time to tell him.

"Yeah, I'd hope so. I'm awesome!" I exclaim, trying to lighten the situation.

"I'm being serious. After D'arby took your soul, he was distraught. The way he looked at you and took you in his arms. He really cares for you Y/N." Grandpa Joseph smiles.

I look over at Polnareff, giving him a look as if to not say anything. He understands, not fuelling the fire.

There is a silence which whirls around us, practically suffocating all 3 of us. I look down at our reflections again, wishing to see the others again.

"Pol? Grandpa Joseph? Do you think we'll see them again?" I ask.

"If I'm being honest... I do. I trust every single one of you. I'm sure they'll find a way around this. We always do."

I smile, a little bit of hope swarms my body. We made it this far even after we have been attacked and put through hell. What's a little gambling man going to do to stop us?

In our reflection, I Polnareff start to fade. Then Grandpa Joseph does too.

"Guys... they did it! They... guys?"

When I look up, they've gone. Why am I still here? Did something happen?

A bright light shines directly into my eyes, the brightness making me close them once again. I slowly open them again, letting my eyes adjust.

I look up, Kakyoin looking down at me in relief. He has me layed down in his lap, his hand stroking my hair.

I sit up in his lap, looking at him in his beautiful eyes. I gently place my hand on his cheek, smiling as my heart aches.

"I thought I wouldn't see you again." I smile, feeling overwhelmed with happiness.

"Me too. But you're back now. Jotaro beat D'arby. You're safe." Kakyoin smiles.

I let my eyes flicker down to his lips then back to his eyes. He does the same and smiles at me.

"Fuck it. I don't care if they find out. It's about time they did anyway." I smile.

I press my lips to his, wrapping my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. He pulls me closer to him so I'm sat on his lap. After a few more seconds, we pull away and smile.

"Oh my god! When did this happen?!" Grandpa Joseph exclaims.

"We already knew old man." Jotaro says with a small smile.

"What?!"

"Yep! Even I knew. Now you know how it feels." Polnareff smirks, referring to how we didn't tell him about Avdol.

I smile at Kakyoin again, placing one last kiss to his lips before we stand up. I notice D'arby on the floor passed out with a shocked expression on his face.

Serves him right.