Chapter 45

I wish I could stay here forever with Nori. I wish we never had do come on this journey in the first place. But Dio just had to mess everything up.

"Well I'm glad to see you listened to me and got those cuts fixed." I smile, looking at the stitches on his face.

"Yeah but now I look stupid with these stitches." He frowns.

I abruptly sit up beside him, playfully hitting his arm gently.

"Noriaki Kakyoin! They don't make you look stupid at all! In fact, I think it makes you look like a fighter." I smile.

"Really?"

"Really."

I lay back down and he pulls me to lay on top of his chest. I listen to his soft beating heart, the sound almost putting me back to sleep.

One moment later, there is a loud knock on the door but I refuse to move.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"It's me!" Polnareff exclaims.

I tell him to come in and Kakyoin looks at me with wide eyes, my head still on his chest.

"Calm down Nori. He knows." I tell him. Polnareff enters the room, closing the door behind him.

"Well aren't you two just adorable!" He practically squeals like a teenage girl.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever Pol. What can we do for you?" I ask the Frenchman.

"Mr Joestar, Jotaro and I are heading out to get something to drink. Perhaps, would you two like to join us?" Polnareff asks.

Kakyoin and I nod, getting out of bed. We walk over to the window, closing it before heading outside to meet the others.

"There you are! I was worried you weren't coming. How you feeling then Y/N?" Grandpa Joseph asks.

"I'm fine... just tired, that's all." I smile, walking beside Kakyoin as we head into town.

Wow, I really didn't expect there to be this many cafes and places to get a drink here. Polnareff decides to use his cigarette to choose where we go.

The cigarette points towards a small quaint cafe just ahead of us and we walk towards it, Polnareff putting out his cigarette as he steps over it.

We take a seat, waiting for the server to come over.

"H-hi there. What can I get for you?" I presume, the owner, asks. He seems a little jumpy. Is this guy okay?

Grandpa Joseph orders us all colas making sure we get it cold. But for some reason, the owner seems weird about it.

"These aren't exactly... cold." I pick up the cola, unsure if I want to drink it or not.

"Not cold?! Hey, what are you playing at?! I asked for these colas to be cold!" Grandpa Joseph exclaims.

Great, now everyone is staring at us. So much for unwanted attention. Grandpa Joseph's outburst leads to the owner apologising to us.

Instead, we settle for a nice cup of tea.

"Well this is a little better I suppose. It would have been nice to get a cold drink though." Kakyoin admits and I nod in agreement.

The guy comes back with the teas and places them down on the table before walking away.

Just as we're all about to take a sip, a loud scream surprises us, all of us spitting out the tea in our mouths.

"Iggy! Iggy stop it you stupid dog!"

We chase after the small dog who steals something from a woman's plate. When chase him away from the cafe and down the street.

Can we never get a break?

"So, what now old man?" Jotaro asks.

"We should visit Avdol in the hospital. He should be discharged soon."

"Alright. I'm gonna walk there. I think I need some fresh air rather than driving in a cramped up space all the damn time." Jotaro says.

Kakyoin and I decide to walk with Jotaro. I think a nice walk will do all three of us some good.

"Hey Nori... guess what?" I turn to the cute red head.

"What?"

"Technically, you're skipping school right now." I mess with him.

His eyes widen and be brings his hand up to his face in shock. I look to my left to see Jotaro smiling ever so slightly from under his hat.

"Oh... what about our grades? What- what about my art class?!" He panics a little bit.

"Calm down Nori, we can take a few extra classes when we get back to Japan. Besides, I'm sure you're a great enough artist to not need to worry about that. I'm sure in the future you'll become famous for your art." I smile.

He seems to relax a bit and takes a deep breath. Well, more of a sigh in relief.

The three of us enjoy the wall in the sun, the slightly breeze making it manageable. It seems that on this trip, we never get to relax. There's always that looming feeling that something is lurking behind us.

So now is probably the best time to enjoy some peace and quiet.

The walk isn't as long as expected either and we soon arrive outside the hospital. However, Polnareff and Grandpa Joseph are still not here.

"Good grief. How did we make it here on foot before them?" Jotaro grumbles.

"I'm sure they'll be here soon Jotaro." Kakyoin smiles.

As if on cue, the two of them pull up in a car, parking outside the door. An ambulance pulls up beside them and paramedics begin rushing around.

"Jotaro! How did you get here so quickly? We just saw you leave the car!" Polnareff exclaims.

"Huh? I wasn't in the car. You must be going crazy." Jotaro mumbles, walking into the hospital.

Yeah... that is crazy. I'm betting we're dealing with another Stand user. One of the 9 more Dio sent to kill us.