Chapter 76

It's been 8 years.

8 years of nothing but peace.

Noriaki and I have watched our beautiful daughter Mayumi grow up through the years. She's now an 8 year old yet, she still seems very intelligent for her age.

Jotaro now has a daughter of his own. He had a kid and got married shortly after Nori and I. Her name is Jolyne.

Mayumi and Jolyne get along quite well as we often meet up with one and other. But today is kind of different from the rest.

"May, sweetie, your father and I have some work business we have to attend to for a week or so. You'll be staying with Jolyne until we get back. Will you look after her until then?" I smile at my daughter.

"Of course mommy! I promise! I love you!" May smiles, hugging my legs. I stroke her hair with a smile on my face.

"I love you too."

The door opens and Nori walks over to me, kissing my cheek. May scrunches up her face after seeing our affection which makes me laugh.

"The car is ready." Nori smiles and we head out to the car. The drive is short and finally we find ourselves outside Jotaro's house.

"Hey Jotaro!" I smile and he smiles back slightly. I still find it weird that he smiles now. I'm just so used to his stoic grumpy ass.

Jolyne waves from the doorway and May jumps out of the car.

"Mom, dad, I love you! Have a safe trip!" May waves goodbye, walking into the house with Jolyne.

Jotaro gets in the car beside me, leaving me in the middle seat in the back. The driver up front begins to drive us to our next destination.

This reminds me a lot about our trip to Egypt. I'd always be stuck in the back between them.

"Anyway, you never exactly told us where we're going. I know you said it is important but can't you at least tell us where we're going?" I ask my brother who stares out the window.

"We're going to a small town named Morioh. We have some business to take care of there." Jotaro says.

Morioh? Why in the hell would we even need to go there? And why is it so hard for him to tell us why?

The drive is quite long but we finally arrive in Morioh. The car stops and we get out. The town seems quite peaceful if you ask me.

"Nori and I will take the bags to the hotel. Jotaro, whatever you're here for, you better not cause a scene." I playfully scowl at him.

Jotaro nods, walking away in the opposite direction. Nori and I take our luggage and carry it into the hotel to check in. We all have the top suite of the fancy hotel which has an amazing view.

"Do you know why Jotaro is here?" I ask my husband who shrugs, placing the luggage down.

"No idea. But to come out all this way, it has to be important, right?" Nori asks.

"Yeah. You're right. Maybe we should try to find him. There must be a reason for him to bring us along. If it was just his business to take care of, he would have come alone." I say.

Nori agrees, leaving the hotel by my side. The two of us aimlessly walk around town until we find Jotaro talking to some random kid with a pompadour hairstyle.

"Hey Jotaro!? Who's the kid you're talking to?" I ask him as Nori and I walk up to him.

"Oh my god! You're Y/N?! THE Y/N Kakyoin?! You wrote 'Strangest Moments Of My Life' right?!" The boy rushes over to me with a sweet smile.

"I did indeed. I'm actually surprised you've read it." I laugh.

The boy stares at me with wide eyes. Something seems oddly familiar about him but I can't exactly figure out what.

"Read it?! Of course! I'm not exactly a massive fan of books but you're book is extremely popular! Plus... the parts about the abilities... that's relatable." The boy smiles.

"You... you're a Stand user?" I ask in disbelief.

Jotaro walks up to Nori and I, standing just beside the young boy who has a wide grin on his face.

"Y/N, this is Josuke Higashikata. He's... our uncle."

"What?" Nori asks, just as confused as me.

How is it possible that this 16 year old kid is our uncle? That's not- wait... oh. I get it now. Grandpa Joseph... you son of a bitch I swear you're in big trouble!

"Well Josuke, it's lovely to meet you." I smile at the boy.

For the rest of the day, Jotaro talks to the boy. Nori and I find ourselves wondering around the small town, trying to find anything suspicious.

"Do you feel like something isn't right here?" I ask Nori and he nods his head in agreement.

"Yeah..."

For such a beautiful town, Moriah seems awfully suspicious. It seems too calm for it's own good. Something also tells me that Josuke isn't the only Stand user here.

I close my eyes, a vision playing through my mind once again. This time, I see a tall and run down house. The windows are boarded up with rotting wood.

A pair of eyes are staring down at me but I can't see the persons face.

"You okay Y/N? Did you have another one of your visions?" Nori asks and I nod.

"Yeah I did. But I don't exactly know what it means. Come on, let's keep looking around town." I take his hand in mine as we continue on.

Something about Morioh is strange.

Very strange.