Chapter 23

I really don't trust this old lady. First, she just appears out of nowhere, then...

"...Mr Joestar."

I zone back in as the old woman says my Grandpa's surname. I'm pretty sure we never mentioned that at all.

"Oh but of course you did! That man over there said your name before!" The woman responds with an overly sweet smile as she points to Polnareff.

"I've been working here for quite some time so I have a thing for remembering peoples names. Now, follow me now." The woman leads us in the direction of her hotel.

I stick close to my brother and Kakyoin, being extremely suspicious of this woman.

"I don't trust her. I'm going to use a fake name so I suggest you should do the same." Jotaro whispers to Kakyoin and I.

We nod and as we walk, I feel mine and Kakyoin's hands brush together slightly. I give Kakyoin a side glance to see that his face is bright red.

Maybe he doesn't like physical touch? Then again, I've hugged him before and he never said anything.

"Now, here we are! Please sign your names in the guest book and I will assign you to your rooms." The woman, Enyaba, tells us.

Joseph and Polnareff sign in first, leaving Jotaro, Kakyoin and I to go last. I have to come up with a fake name and quick.

Tenmei Kakyoin
Qtaro Kujo
Reina Kujo

There, hopefully that should do it.

Enyaba leads us all to our rooms which are farely close to each other. However, rather than going straight to my room, I knock on Kakyoin's door.

A few seconds later, he opens it with a smile and welcomes me in.

"Hey Y/N, what can I help you with?" He smiles and sits down on the bed.

I stand awkwardly for a moment, not knowing what to say. Why did I even come to his room in the first place?

"I... I just- look I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable earlier." I sigh, getting straight to the point.

"Huh? You- when did you make me uncomfortable?" Kakyoin asks genuinely confused.

"Y-you know when I... hmm, accidentally touched your hand?" I feel my face heat up once again.

He looks up at me with confusion before patting the bed beside him. I walk over and sit beside him, making sure not to sit too close.

"It's okay Y/N. You didn't make me uncomfortable. I just didn't expect it thats all." He gives me a smile and I feel myself relax.

"Thank you Kakyoin." I smile, looking down at my hands.

For a moment, there is silence. It's not uncomfortable but it's also not fully comfortable either. Next to me, I hear Kakyoin slightly say my name so I turn my attention to him.

"How come you always call me Kakyoin?" He asks.

"Huh? I thought that's what your name is? Would you prefer I called you something else?" I answer, worried that I've been pissing him off this entire time.

"Well everyone just calls me Kakyoin so I've gotten used to it. But, only if you want, you're welcome to call me Noriaki." He looks directly into my eyes and my heart does somersaults.

"Okay... Noriaki."

The corners of his lips turn up into a smile which makes me smile too. His smile is too adorable. But its only now that I realise how close we have gotten.

Letting out a content sigh, I rest my head on his shoulder and look at the door of the hotel room.

"When do you think the others will meet up with us?" I ask.

But as if on cue, the hotel room door is slammed open and the others walk in, my Grandfather being the first to enter, looking at us with a smirk.

"Come on lovebirds! We have work here to do. We need to figure out who the Stand user is." He teases Noriaki and I.

We look at each other with bright red faces, then looking away out of embarrassment.

Do I actually like Noriaki? I've never felt like this with anyone else which would mean my Grandfather's accusations are correct. But does Noriaki feel the same?

Reality gets a hold on me once again when Grandpa Joseph walks over to the small TV in the room and tries to use Hermit Purple.

"It's no use. There's no signal here what so ever."

"Hey do any of your rooms have a bathroom?" Polnareff walks into the room, looking at all of us who shake our heads.

"Try downstairs? The bathroom might be shared here." I suggest and he nods, thanking me.

My brother turns his attention to Noriaki and I for a moment, his eyes slightly narrowing when he looks at Noriaki. I feel him tense beside me so I give Jotaro a death glare to get him to stop.

Thankfully, he stops and I feel Noriaki relax beside me. I decide to make a bold move, placing my hand on top of his and I can tell he becomes tense again.

But before I can pull away, he turns his hand over and holds my hand, lacing his fingers with mine. I madly blush, not daring to look at Noriaki beside me.

Little did I know, Jotaro and Grandpa Joseph were watching the whole time.

However, a sudden crash ruins the moment so we rush out of the room and towards the noise. We stop at a small balcony, looking down at Polnareff on the bottom floor.

"What was that Polnareff? You okay?"

"I'm fine. I heard a noise so I'm gonna go check it out. I'll call you if anything happens." Polnareff replies, wondering off into another room.

I'm betting that he's gonna run into the Stand user.