Chapter 60

I use my Stand to throw him to the side. He hits his head on the brick wall beside him but he just continues to heal.

There must be a way to kill him. But we can't use the sunlight against him since its only just recently turned night.

"Dio, you've messed with us enough! Why are you even trying to kill us?! What did we ever do to you?!" I scream, my feet lifting slightly off the ground as Wind Resistance has her arms around me.

"Foolish girl! I've always been out to defeat the Joestar bloodline. You just so happen to be related to Jonathan Joestar. Now... I've already defeated Jotaro and Joseph. You're the last remaining Joestar I have to take care of." Dio strides towards me.

I dive out of the way as he swings thr street sign at me. My Stand lifts me onto the roof as Dio smirks up at me. I tear another large piece of pipe from the roof, using Wind Resistance to bend the end into a sharp blade.

I jump from the roof, aiming the pipe at Dio as he folds his arms.

For a split second, I look over at Jotaro. I feel some sort of connection telling me he's not actually dead. He's smart. I just need to buy him some time.

Wind Resistance throws the pipe at Dio as I float to the ground, Wind Resistance using more and more objects to turn into weapons to fire at him.

"Give up Y/N Joestar. Your efforts are futile!" He laughs in my face.

"I'll never give up! You've caused us so much pain! We just wanted to live a quiet life and you fucked it up all because of a feud you had with my descendant 100 years ago!" I yell.

Wind Resistance keeps on firing at Dip who keeps on dodging. I feel myself getting tired after fighting so long.

"Why did you even have to bring harm to my mother? Did you not love your own mother? Surely you know how I feel." I say to him.

For a split second, his face softens. His eyes seem like they have pain behind them.

"My mother has no relevance to this. Now quiet down! I've had enough of your incessant whining!" He exclaims.

My Stand keeps blocking his attacks and waits for an opening to attack. We continue for a few more minutes. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jotaro move his hand slightly.

"Okay, now I've had enough fun playing with you."

I feel a sharp sensation in my left wrist. Dio must have used his Stand as he is now stood behind me. He has his hand on my shoulder, his head right next to mine.

"You've lost." He whispers in my ear before backing away.

I look at my left hand.

It's gone.

I cry out in pain as blood begins flowing from my arm. Dio swings the street sign in front of me, some of my blood trickling down the side. I look down at the ground to see my severed hand, making me feel sick to my stomach.

"Ahh! Y-you're a m-monster!" I panic, feeling that this could be the end for all of us.

"This was your own doing. You should have never come to Cairo." He walks away from me.

He stops in his tracks, raising a knife beside his head. The sharp blade reflects the moonlight. Dio slightly turns his head to me but still has his back turned.

"Tell the rest of the Joestar's that Dio Brando finally won."

In a split second, the knife comes flying towards me. I use Wind Resistance to try and block it but I'm too slow. The blood loss has made me weak.

The knife buries itself into my shoulder and I scream out in agony. I'm battered, my hand has been severed and I now have a knife deep in my shoulder.

I gasp, stumbling backwards. I take one last look at Dio walking towards Jotaro with the street sign.

I fall to the ground, all sounds being blocked out as my ears begin ringing. The pain is too much to bare. Dio somehow won.

Jotaro... you have to get up. For all of us... for you and for our mother, you have to kill him. We all trust you. Even if I feel my life slipping away from me, I can tell you're still alive.

Finish this Jotaro.

For all of us.

I rest my head back on the ground as my blood begins to surround me in a puddle beneath me. I look up to the night sky, taking it in for one last time.

The stars... they're beautiful. They remind me of our Joestar bloodline. Our birthmarks... is that where we go when we die? Is that where I'm about to go? Will I become a shooting star for another child to wish upon as I fly into the next life?

I'm sure wherever I go, I'll be able to be see them again. Kakyoin will be waiting for me. Grandpa Joseph, Avdol and Iggy will be there too.

"Y/N! Jotaro! Aghhh!"

Another person rushes up to us but I can't move. The voice sounds like Polnareff. At least he's still alive to help Jotaro.

They can continue the fight.

I finally take my last breath, closing my eyes as my heart stops beating and my blood runs cold.

I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough.