Chapter 27

"Come on, you're coming with me to get the car." Grandpa Joseph drags me along with him before I can protest.

I look back at the boys who give us a questioning look but I just shrug. I follow along with Grandpa Joseph, looking through a bunch of different cars.

"So... you and Kakyoin huh?"

I choke on my spit, trying not to be too loud and draw the boys attention to us.

"Gramps, you can't be bringing that up now! What if they hear you?" I whisper to him, watching his face light up.

"You didn't deny it! Oh, my Granddaughter is in love!" He smiles, pulling me in for a hug.

"Come on, use that Joestar charm. It worked for me!"

I try to pull away but he just won't let go. I huff and just accept it, standing and waiting for him to let go.

"You better tell him soon or else you might miss your chance. But don't do anything I wouldn't do. I don't want to be a Great Grandfather just yet." Grandpa Joseph laughs.

"Grandpa Joseph why?!"

I feel my face heat up and I glance to the side looking at the boys who are looking at us in confusion. I roll my eyes, following along with Grandpa Joseph.

He walks up to the desk, signing some papers for the car. I turn my head to see Polnareff trying to hopelessly flirt with some random woman. I think it's time to mess with him a little bit.

"Jean-Pierre Polnareff! What would your girlfriend think if I told her you were flirting with another woman?" I walk over to him with a smirk.

The woman looks up with disgust. Grandpa Joseph hits Polnareff on the head with the signed papers, messing up his hair.

Grandpa Joseph and I turn to look at each other before bursting out into laughter.

"Stop your hopeless flirting. I got the papers so let's go."

We follow along with Grandpa Joseph,  making our way to the side of the car dealership. A brand new shiny black car sits waiting for us and my eyes widen.

"Didn't you say we were going somewhere with sand? Why did you buy such a nice car?!" I exclaim.

"Ha ha ha ha! I have my plans Y/N. Trust me, I know what I'm doing." Grandpa Joseph smiles, getting into the drivers seat.

Jotaro and I share a look of 'are you sure?', getting in the back. And would you believe it, I'm in the back squashed between Jotaro and Kakyoin.

What feels like a few hours pass by and we finally pull up in a very small town.

"Uh... Mr Joestar? What are you planning to do? We can't cross the desert in this car." Kakyoin raises an eyebrow at my Grandfather.

"I never said we would be crossing the desert in this car." Grandpa Joseph laughs, getting out.

"Then why buy such an expensive vehicle?!" Polnareff exclaims as we all step out of the car.

Grandpa Joseph starts talking about trading and money but if I'm being honest, I'm not really paying attention to him.

"You okay Noriaki? I know you said that something felt off in the car but do you still feel it?" I walk up to Kakyoin.

"Yeah... I don't know what though. I never saw anyone but it feels like we were- are being watched." He sighs, rubbing his eyes.

I smile, lifting my hand up to move the tendril from his eyes, giving him a reassuring smile. I let my hand trail down his arm and gently take his hand in mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Everthing will be okay. Before you know it, we will have defeated Dio and saved my mother and we will be back home in no time." I smile.

"Y/N, Kakyoin! We've got camels! Come on!" Polnareff calls out for us.

Kakyoin and I make our way to the others, looking at the camels.

1... 2... 3... 4... 5-

Wait.

"Grandpa Joseph, why do we only have 4 camels? There's 5 of us." I frown at him, knowing I'll most likely be sharing with someone.

"I could only get my hands on 4 of them. Camels don't come cheap you know!" He argues back and I sigh.

"So I guess I'll be the one sharing. Who wants to share with me then?" I sigh.

Instantly, Polnareff raises his hand like a school kid, excited to answer a question.

"I don't mind-"

Grandpa Joseph slaps Polnareff's hand down, hitting him upside the head.

"On second thoughts, maybe that isn't the best idea..." Polnareff frowns, following along.

I look over at Jotaro who looks away from me so then I look at Grandpa Joseph who has a smirk on his face. That sly bastard. He planned this all along!

"I don't mind sharing Y/N." Kakyoin smiles walking up next to me.

"What a great idea Kakyoin! Well Y/N, looks like you and Kakyoin will be tra together!" Grandpa Joseph smiles.

Fuck you.

However, he does get payback when he tries to teach us how to ride a camel. First, the camel refuses to sit down and proceeds to drool on his face. Then when he finally gets on the animal, it runs wild, flinging him off its back.

Karma's a bitch.

"Here, let me help you get on first." Kakyoin helps me climb onto the camel before getting on behind me.

The camel stands up and takes a few steps. I feel myself loose balance but a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"I've got you don't worry. I won't let you fall."

I almost spontaneously combust at his words, feeling my face heat up.

If anyone questions it, I'll just blame it on the heat.