Chapter 13

"Guys! Hey!" I call out, running onto the main deck.

The rest of our group, besides Jotaro, meet up on the top deck. They all come rushing over to me hearing my state of panic.

"Y/N what is it?" Avdol asks as I try to breathe from all the running.

"The orangutan got out. I think the Stand user was the one who let it out." I pant, still out of breath.

Polnareff's face changes to one of confusion as he walks up to me. He looks down at me with a smirk.

"Are you sure ma cherie? Maybe you're just imagining things. I'm pretty sure we're all going a bit crazy." Polnareff smiles.

To my right, I see Kakyoin's expression change slightly. He looks... annoyed? Scared? Determined? I really can't tell.

"I know what I saw alright!? We have to find-"

Before I can finish, the boat starts to rock slightly. No it's not just the boat rocking from the water.

"Oh my god!" Gramps exclaims.

The boat begins to change its state of solidity, slowly dragging us down into the floor and sides of the boat.

"Ahhh! What are we supposed to do?! Jotaro is below deck so I have no idea what's going on down there!" I exclaim, panic setting in.

"Y/N, try to use... your Stand to help us out." Kakyoin tries to stay calm but it's hard to stay calm when you're getting crushed by a boat.

I call out Wind Resistance hoping this will work.

"Aviiii!" She screams, using the wind to try pull us out. However, the grip on all of us is too tight not allowing us to move even a muscle.

After a particularly hard squeeze from the boat, I cry out in pain and I cough up a slight amount of blood which pours from the side of my lips.

"It's got a hold of my stand!" Kakyoin and the others can't manifest their stands as they are held back by the boat.

This has to be the end for us. We didn't get to say our goodbyes. We didn't even get to save my mother...

I shut my eyes tightly, waiting for death to arrive.

But nothing happens.

The pressure around my body ceases and we are all released. I gasp desperately for air, sitting down on the deck.

"Everyone off this boat!" Jotaro comes rushing onto the deck carrying poor Anne who looks shell shocked.

The boat begins to shrink before our eyes as we rush towards the lifeboat for the second time on our journey. All the crew members from before are nowhere in sight and I'm assuming the worst for them.

The shop behind us turns into a tiny little wooden boat.

"The monkey was the Stand user." Jotaro bluntly tells us, pulling his hat over his eyes.

I look across to Anne who is looking at my brother, practically with heart eyes. Oh I can't wait to tease her about that later.

The gentle rocking of the tiny boat makes me feel quite tired. We've already been through so much already and I'm guessing this will be our only time to catch a break.

I try my best to stay awake but my eyelids involuntarily close.

"Hey."

A soft voice calls out to me, catching my attention.

"Sorry if I startled you. You seem tired. You can rest your head on me if you'd like." Kakyoin offers but doesn't push me.

I mean... he isn't exactly a stranger anymore is he. He's our friend.

I let out a yawn and lay my head down in his lap, thanking him. I feel him tense up slightly which makes me open my eyes a small amount.

When I do, I see Grandpa Joseph and Avdol smirking slightly at Kakyoin. Jeez he's just trying to be nice. Leave the boy alone.

Eventually, I find myself finally falling asleep, exhaustion taking over my body.

I snap my eyes open to see that I'm surrounded by darkness. There is a cold bitter feeling in the air as fog brushes past me.

"I see you've found your way little Joestar." A looming voice echoes.

I whip my head around, trying to find where the voice came from. But I'm on my own.

"Oh sweet... innocent... little Y/N. Don't you know it's dangerous to go against me?" The voice says again.

Dio.

"I'm not afraid asshole! You've caused my family so much harm already! Its time I return the favour..." I whisper the last part.

When I turn around, I see the shadow of a figure wearing gold clothing. The persons long hair is magnificently strewn behind him in a chaotic beautiful mess.

"I don't think so little Joestar. You see... I'm just toying with you until I've had enough fun. Your little crusade is all for nothing." Dio laughs.

I try to back away but suddenly, I'm right back where I was before I moved.

"There's nowhere to run. I will end all of you."

I gasp, sitting upright. I seem to startle everyone else as they look over at me, sweat covering my forehead.

"Y/N what happened?" Avdol asks but all I can do is shiver. Dio's presence lingering with me for a while.

A pair of gentle arms wraps around me and I cry into the person's shoulder, shaking uncontrollably.

"It- it was... Dio. H-he said he's going to kill us all." I sob, clinging onto Kakyoin who gently holds me.

"Mr Joestar, what do we do about this?" Polnareff asks completely clueless.

I thought he was here just so he could find the man with two right hands and avenge his sister?

"We have to figure out a way to Egypt quicker than I thought. But for now, we have to wait until morning for the rescue crew come and find us."

Great. More waiting around.