Chapter 57

The man slowly walks up to the coffin, slowly removing the top. But faster than the blink of an eye, he is the one laying inside.

"What the- oh god..."

Now looking closer, I see all the blood. The servant has been cut to pieces, his body and blood scattering within the coffin.

Kakyoin pulls me back, taking me away from the scene. I lay my head on his chest, trying to calm myself as I close my eyes. I try to focus on his arms around me, acting as a shelter from harm.

I turn my head to the side, noticing a figure stood in the corner, something shiny in their hand reflecting off the setting sun.

"Uh... I have to go check something for a moment." I step back, observing everyone.

"What do you mean?" Kakyoin frowns.

"No you're not. We're leaving through the window and you're coming with us." Grandpa Joseph scolds.

I take a step back, side glancing at the figure in the shadows who seems to be walking further away.

"Yes I am. Look, I promise I'll catch up to you!" I give them one last look, Kakyoin's eyes showing sadness but I have to continue.

They all simultaneously call my name but I've already left the room. I continue to follow the figure until we enter a small room.

"Who are you? What do you want? You obviously have something to say so go ahead. Say it." I intimate the person.

"Like I told you before... I'm not on his side." The familiar voice laughs.

Naunet appears from the shadows, a small smile on her face. She has something in her hand but I can't quite see what it is.

"Naunet? What are you doing here?" I ask the woman.

"Well I knew you would be coming here so I followed you. This is my final chance to avenge my family." She sighs.

Huh? What is she talking about?

"I never told you before but... Dio killed my family. He drained them all of their blood so he could feel stronger. I managed to escape with my life." She frowns.

"Oh god... Naunet, I'm so sorry." I send my condolences to her family who are hopefully in a better place.

"It's okay. Look, do you remember the drawing I gave you? Well I took it upon my self to follow you. I had to find the Stand arrow myself." Naunet raises her hand and holds the object out to me.

A shiny gold arrow head is attached to a wooden stick. The detail on the arrow is intricate, every carving so delicately beautiful.

Naunet walks up to me, opening my palm as she places the arrow in my hand. I quickly hide it in my jacket so no one can find it.

"I want revenge on Dio for what he did but I'm not strong enough. This arrow is very important to him. Keep it safe. You have to defeat him. You have to avenge m-"

Within a split second, Naunet is no longer talking. She is strung up from the ceiling, hanging over a chandelier. Her blood drops to the floor in small amounts.

"Naunet... oh god! Dio!" I tighten my fists, knowing exactly who is behind this, looking around the room for the man who has caused too much pain.

"You're smart little Y/N. But you shouldn't be here on your own. Shouldn't you go running back to that boyfriend of yours hmm?" Dio's voice echoes around me.

I tighten my fists even more in pure anger, backing up to the window in the room. But by now, the sun has already set.

"You leave him alone! Leave everyone alone!" I shout, my voice echoing back to me.

"You just don't get it do you? Avdol and Iggy have already been killed. You're being torn apart one by one... and your precious Kakyoin... is next." He laughs.

My heart drops. He's going after them. My vision... we're now in Cairo. The sun has set. The water tank! The clock tower!

Dio has already left the mansion by now and I have a feeling he is after them. Everything seems so weird. How does he have the ability to jump from place to place instantly?

I use my Stand to break the small window, making sure not to leave any glass so I could get hurt when jumping.

I look down at the ground which seems to be quite far away. I lean over the edge of the window, Wind Resistance beside me.

"Let's do this."

I free fall from the window, the wind blowing through my hair. Wind Resistance breaks my fall and I'm now gliding down to the ground below me.

Observing my surroundings, I notice that I'm just outside the entrance to the mansion. I use Wind Resistance to bring me onto the roof so I can survey the area.

"Shit! How do I get to the others in time?!" I look around in panic. I haven't fully discovered my full ability potential yet. This might be a long shot but...

I close my eyes, concentrating on my Stand. I need a way to get to the others as quickly as possible.

When I open my eyes, I no longer see my Stand in her usual form. Instead, an elegant stallion is stood in her place. The stallions mane is floating just how my Stand's hair usually is. The stallion is about 50 percent transparent but you can tell it is still a horse.

"Okay. This could work. I have no idea how to ride a horse so this will be interesting."

I grip the reins and the horse begins to gallop across the rooftops of Cairo. I try to speed up as much as possible without causing too much damage.

I jump from one roof to another until I see multiple strings of green in the distance.

Oh fuck.

No.

It's finally happening.