Chapter 56

The game between Jotaro and D'arby continues but it doesn't look good for us. D'arby seems to be unbeatable, not missing a single hit.

Jotaro scowls, taking off his hat and placing it down on the console. It's weird seeing him without it but I think he has something up his sleeve.

Jotaro begins to announce his throws to D'arby, a dangerous move if you ask me. But this time, the butler misses. How strange.

I look at the console to see Grandpa Joseph leaning on the table, sneakily having Hermit Purple control it.

The game continues until D'arby finally loses. He is just like his brother. Both were cocky but set out to loose.

"W-will you hit me with your right hand...? Will you hit me eith your left...? Both...?!" He exclaims before Star Platinum appears punching D'arby so hard, he goes flying.

In my arms, I feel Kakyoin shuffle around as his soul has finally been sent back to his body. He slowly blinks his eyes open, his beautiful violet eyes staring into mine.

"Hey... I'm glad you're finally back." I smile, brushing my fingers through his hair. The red haired boy lets out a content sigh, leaning into my touch.

"Trust me, I'm glad I'm back too. It means I get to see your beautiful face again." He smiles, pulling me towards him as he captures my lips in a soft kiss.

When we break apart, Grandpa Joseph calls our names, ushering us to come towards them. I help Kakyoin up from the sand, the two of us brushing ourselves off.

"Come on, let's get out of here and find the others." Grandpa Joseph says, looking up at the hole in the ceiling.

I use my Stand to bring the debris to the fake wall, creating a set of stairs for us to climb. We each climb up, finally making it back into the dingy mansion.

"Where to no now old man?" Jotaro asks. Beside me Kakyoin takes my hand in his as we follow Grandpa Joseph down the hall.

We enter a fairly large room. The room is a mess, things broken everywhere showing that there must have been a struggle. The others are in danger!

"This can't be good. All this mess shows signs of a hard fight. Whatever or whoever the others are facing can't be good. We have to find them." I worry.

Our search continues as we enter the next room. Everywhere we go, I feel a presence following us around.

"Oh god! Please... please help me!" A woman begs, dropping to the floor.

We stare at the woman for a moment before Jotaro walks up to her. He punches her, sending her skidding across the room. Another voice grumbles and we see that there is now a man. He must be another butler.

"Hey you!" I walk over to him, the man raising his hands in defense.

"No, please! I'm sorry! I'll do anything you want!" He begs me.

I stare down at him with cold eyes, crouching down to his level as he sits on his knees.

"Actually... there is something you can do for us. Since we don't know our way around the mansion, we're going to need someone to help show us around. Think you can do that for me?" I give him a sickly sweet smile.

The man frantically nods his head as he gestures for us to follow him. We continue on for a few moments before hearing a commotion.

"Guys...? Do you hear that?" I ask.

That sounds like Polnareff and... Dio!

"Star Platinum!" Jotaro calls, using his Stand to bust open the walls in the next room. Sunlight begins pouring in and we rush over to Polnareff as Dio backs away into the darkness.

Polnareff looks at us with tears in his eyes. I rush over, rubbing the side of his arm in an attempt to comfort him.

"Pol? What's wrong? What happened? Did Dio hurt you?" I ask, all of us waiting for a response.

The Frenchman begins sobbing, uncontrollable tears falling down his pale cheeks and down to the floor, creating a small pool.

"They- they're dead... they died to save me! This is just like what happened back in India!" Polnareff cries into my shoulder.

My heart drops and I stiffen. Then I put two and two together. Avdol isn't here. Iggy isn't here either.

"Oh god..." I feel sick to my stomach.

Avdol and Iggy are dead.

There is a moments silence between all of us. We have to show respect for our fallen friends. Dio has caused us too much pain now. We have to kill him once and for all.

"As much as we have to mourn them, we must make sure their deaths are not in vain. We must carry on with our mission." Grandpa Joseph says in a sad tone.

The man we captured before leads the 5 of us into another dark room at the top of a tower. Inside this large room is a coffin in the centre of it.

"What's the best way to approach this?" Kakyoin asks.

"I say, we each stand around the coffin to make sure Dio has nowhere to go." Grandpa Joseph suggests and we all comply.

The servant looks between us with a timid expression on his face.

"Well go on... open it." I order him.

I ready myself for what might be about to happen. Dio could lunge at us at any second. We have to be careful since we don't know his Stand ability.

But we have to figure it out somehow.