Chapter 6

After all the fuss yesterday, I passed out on my bed as soon as my head hit the pillow.

As I wake up today though, something feels wrong. There seems to be an odd tension in the air but I can't explain why.

"Holly! Holly!" I hear my Grandpa call from outside but my mother doesn't answer.

I sigh, getting changed into some comfy clothes instead of my school uniform. I really should go to school but after yesterday, I'm really not feeling it.

Once I'm ready, I leave my room and softly knock on the door of the room next to mine. I wait for an answer until I hear a quiet "come in" from inside.

I push the door open to see Kakyoin sat up in his bed with tired eyes and messy hair. I laugh slightly and walk over to him.

"How are you feeling this morning Kakyoin?" I ask, placing my palm against his bandaged forehead.

His temperature is normal but he still has that pink tint to his cheeks slightly. How odd.

"Oh... I'm feeling much better today. Thank you Y/N." He smiles.

"That's good to hear. Here, let me take off that bandage. Your wound should be fine to heal on it's own now." I smile, reaching my hand out to remove the bandage carefully.

I don't pay attention to how close I am to the boy, not really caring that he's staring up at me. I'm used to all the attention by now so it doesn't faze me.

"That doesn't look too bad. I just need to-"

"Y/N! Come to the kitchen now! Hurry!" The panicked voice of my Grandpa calls through my house.

"I'm sorry. I'll be right back Kakyoin!" I call to him as I dash out of his room.

I run down the wooden paths of our house, making my way towards the kitchen with haste. Upon entering, I see Avdol holding my unconscious mother who seems to be sweating profusely and struggling to breathe.

"Shit! Mother! What happened?!" I exclaim, rushing over to her but Jotaro stops me as Grandpa Joseph picks her up and takes her to her room.

We all follow along, grabbing supplies for her on the way.

"She has a Stand. However, she isn't strong enough to have control over it." Jotaro says with a hint of sadness in his voice.

Despite him never really showing emotions, this time I can clearly tell he is upset.

Avdol stands next to me and places a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Miss Y/N, I'm not too sure how to tell you this but the Stand is slowly harming Miss Holly. If we don't stop Dio soon, in about 50 days, Miss Holly could potentially fall into a coma and then die." Avdol tells me and my eyes widen.

What... no. No!

"No! I won't let her die! Where's Dio?! I'll fight that bastard one on one!" I exclaim, turning to walk out the door but I accidentally run straight into Kakyoin who must have been stood there listening in.

"Careful Y/N. Are you alright?" He asks with the same kind voice.

I usually choose not to cry in stupid situations but this time...

I give in.

I begin to let my tears fall as I break down into a sobbing mess. I feel arms gently wrap around me as I cry into the person's chest.

"Hey... just let it out. I'm here for you."

Kakyoin. I'm crying and clinging onto a complete stranger like it's nothing! But I can't help it. I can't stop the tears from falling from my eyes.

"Y/N you can't just go storming off towards Dio on your own. We are gonna have to work together to defeat him." Grandpa Joseph says.

"He's right. The only way we can save Miss Holly is to defeat Dio and break the curse together." Avol says.

Suddenly, my mother begins to stir, opening her eyes.

"Oh goodness. I can't believe I fainted like that, how embarrassing. Here, let me get up to make dinner." My mother tries to stand.

"No! Stay in bed!" Jotaro grits his teeth and pulls his hat down slightly.

Everyone turns to look at him as he tries to play off that he actually cares about our mother.

"I mean, stay in bed and get better. You're a pain in the ass." My brother continues. He walks out of the room and our mother lays back down as Grandpa Joseph looks after

I stand to the side, leaning against a desk draw beside the door, sighting as I try not to think about how my mother could possibly die in 50 days.

"Hey. You alright?"

Kakyoin walks up beside me and stands beside me. I look up at his as he towers over me, being much taller than I am.

"Yeah... I could be worse. All I want is to get rid of that bastard Dio. I just want my mother back." I frown, watching as she passes out once again.

Kakyoin looks down at me then out to the others. He gently rubs my shoulder before walking foward.

"I'll come along and help you defeat Dio." He announces.

"Why? Kakyoin, this isn't your fight. Why do you want to come with us?" I ask curious as to why he would come with us.

"Let's just say I owe you guys. You saved me from being under Dio's control. I wish to return the favour." Kakyoin smiles at me which makes me hopeful.

With five of us going against Dio, there's no way we can loose.

Egypt. Here we come.