Chapter 72

"Do you see anything else around here? It's a bit bizarre how this cross was left laying around." I lift it up to show Kakyoin.

"No. Nothing. Maybe the others have found something." Kakyoin suggests.

We both leave the room, going downstairs to find Jotaro and Polnareff. The two of them are in a small storage room, looking through different boxes and storage units.

"Find anything?" I ask.

"No." Jotaro huffs.

"Well I think I found out why there is nothing here. Someone has been here before us. I don't know if it was just one person or more but the person seems to have accidentally dropped this in Dio's bedroom." I explain, taking the cross out of my pocket to show them.

"What's that? It looks like one of those crosses that a priest usually has." Polnareff examines it.

A priest? What business would a priest have with this place? Dio was a vampire, not possessed by the exorcist.

"This is all too weird. There seems to be no trace of anything. I think whoever came here took everything they could." Kakyoin frowns.

I look around the room one more time just in case but it seems like Noriaki is right. Why would they take-

"Uh... what's that? Did you guys break the floor or something?" I ask, pointing at the broken floorboard in the corner of the room.

"No we didn't. Everyone bring out your Stands." Jotaro says and we all do as he asks.

I slowly walk over to the floorboard, looking down at it. There is surely a reason for this one to be broken. It's as if... someone was trying to hide something.

"Stand back." I tell the others, using Wind Resistance to rip the floorboard up which was broken.

"What is it?!" Polnareff exclaims, rushing to stand beside me. Jotaro and Kakyoin also stand either side, looking down at what we found.

"That's it. That's one of the arrows! We found one!" I smile.

This proves then just how important there Stand arrows are. If someone actually made an effort to hide them then they must be extremely valuable. Even Dio was shocked and scared to see me with the one I took.

Is this the same one?

"That's great! Polnareff, go grab one of the security boxes we left in the main entrance. We have to take this back to the Speedwagon Foundation and find out what this thing does." Kakyoin says.

"I really didn't think we would be able to find it." I smile, reaching down to pick it up.

Suddenly, as I touch the wooden part of the arrow, I feel my body stiffen. My head begins to hurt and I fall back to the floor.

"Y/N! Y/N! Jotaro, what's happening?!" Kakyoin drops beside me but I don't hear the rest of their conversation.

I seem to be standing on top of a building. The sky is dark, indicating that it is night time. I look around to see that I'm still in Cairo.

Only... I seem to have found myself in a memory.

When I touched that arrow, it made me remember. It made me fall into a pit of my own memories. The horrible memories which I don't want to remember.

I see my younger self rushing towards Dio on my wind horse I created. I see worried expression he has as I lift the arrow into the air. I see how I dive into Kakyoin to bring him out of harm's way.

I see how I thought he died.

I see how I DID die.

I run away from the scene in front of me, not wanting to see anymore. But I seem to have found myself subconsciously running towards Dio's mansion.

As I enter the building, I feel something trip me up. I look up to see someone stood in the shadows. The person is holding the same cross we found in Dio's room.

The priest slowly walks up to me but I still can't see his face. He towers over me as I'm held down by some invisible force.

"The difference between man and animal... it's the desire to 'go to Heaven'. Humans think about it... However, dogs and parrots can't grasp this concept. The idea of 'Heaven'. Humans should spend their lives trying to attain 'Heaven'. That is the beauty of humans." The man says.

Is he serious? Who is this guy and what on earth is he talking about? Attain heaven?

I snap open my eyes to see that I'm still on the floor just like before I got lost in my memories. I'm laying in Kakyoin's lap as Jotaro and Polnareff are sat either side of me.

"Y/N... what was that about?" Kakyoin asks worried.

"I- when... when I touched the arrow... it sent me back into my memories. But... I didn't just see my own memories." I freeze for a moment.

"What do you mean by that?" Jotaro questions.

Will they think I'm crazy? I mean... after all we went through on our journey, nothing could be crazier than that right?

"I saw the priest. The one who must have left his cross. He kept talking about Heaven." I frown, sitting up.

"How odd. I assume he was the one who was here before we got here." Polnareff sighs.

He was. I can just feel it. Whoever this guy is, I have a feeling he isn't done messing with us just yet.